thirty-two: percy jackson and the psycho with clay and pickles

PERCY

~•♡•~

this was now the third night in a row that percy had dreamt of this strange girl. she seemed to be the one seeking him every time he saw her. and, this was his second special dream of the night.

she was around his age. percy got the impression that she was quite the fighter, told by her impressive build- not bulky, like clarisse, but wiry and defined. she had a new haircut, different from yesterday, but similar, which feathered her hair rather nicely. she had a white stripe of hair that fell between her eyes, and touched the tip of her nose. her silver eyes were cold, and her mouth was turned in a rather uninterested way, like percy wasn't very important. when she lifted her left arm, percy saw a gnarly scar peeking from behind a silver bracelet.

"'sup." she greeted. she wasn't sitting in her green chair properly- in fact, she was sitting atop the back, with her feet in the seat.

percy waved. "yeah, uh, hey? long time no see? finally gonna tell me who you are?"

"you'll find out soon enough." she said. "but, we have more important matters to discuss."

she reached behind herself, and pulled out a little clay doll. she extended it to percy, and he tenderly took it into his hands.

the doll was a young woman, with wickedly curly hair down to her hips. the doll was a beige-grey, so percy didn't know what color her hair actually was. she had downturned eyes, looming sadness around them as tears fell from her cheeks. her plump lips were pouty and she had graceful arms. she wore a modern sundress, with poofy shortsleeves and her shoulders were revealed. the dress went about to her knees, and she wore little converse.

"you know who that is?"

percy shook his head. "no. i've never seen her before. but, this looks like just about any teenage girl at the beach."

the girl grunted. "'bout as useful as a sack of hammers."

"hey." percy jumped. the girl raised an eyebrow.

"hammers can be very useful weapons."

"if i was fighting a giant scorpion, i'd want a sword."

"hammers can do a great deal of damage- why am i here?" percy groaned, trying to get back on track.

"well, it was to help." the girl snorted. "great deal of that you did."

"okay, first of all, fuck you." percy waved a finger at her. "and second, how come you don't ask someone else?"

"because i've asked everyone i know, and they gave me a lump of shit. i figured since i don't know you, you'd help me. y'know, like PEMDAS."

"what are you? a child of hypnos?"

the girl smirked.

"percy, i am a thousand times more dangerous than clovis will ever be."

with a wave of her hand, the dream dissolved, and percy awoke.

~•♡•~

he joined hazel and frank for breakfast, so early, sun the had yet to rise. hazel had her hair in a low bun, with a few of her curls hanging loose and perfectly framing her youthful face. her golden eyes shined like honey, and her purple SPQR shirt brought out her chocolate brown skin. gingerly, she sipped a glass of orange juice.