eighty-one: the graecus scum land in the land of graecus scum

LEO

~•♡•~

percy and annabeth had fallen into a firey pit of death. now, aruna and leo were falling into a freezing...

well, he didn't really know where the hades they were headed.

aruna had managed to pull leo into a hug.

"ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY?!" leo screamed as they fell.

"MAYBE I AM! YOU SHOULD JUST BE GLAD I DIDN'T LEAVE YOU ON YOUR OWN!"

"I WOULD HAVE RATHERED THAT THAN BOTH OF OUR BRAINS APPEAR ON A BUNCH OF CONCRETE IN A FEW SECONDS!" leo shouted back.

the clouds disappeared. leo looked down, seeing the aquamarine and deep blue hues of a shallow sea right below. there was a large beach, and several boats on it. a city loomed behind the beach, on a reddish-brown mountain. even from here, leo could see ruins littered around.

he looked down. they were heading straight for the water.

"ARUNAAAAAA!" he screamed as he clutched his archimedes sphere.

"HANG ON! I GOTS IT!"

leo screamed all the way down. two seconds before they hit the water, they abruptly stopped. leo opened his eyes, after not realizing they'd been closed, and pulled away from aruna's neck. they were hovering three feet above the water, midair, like it was completely natural.

until aruna let go, and they dropped.

the water soaked leo entirely. he opened his eyes, ignoring the sting of the salty water, just to see aruna with her foot caught between two rocks. for the most part, she just looked annoyed, and leo swam over. quickly, he lifted her foot out, and swam to the surface with her.

he looked around, panting heavily. he could barely see with the water dripping into his eyes, and his soaked, curly hair that was now plastered to his forehead. when aruna emerged, he turned to her, watching as her hair was plastered back rather than pasted to her face. she looked around. in one direction, the city and mountain was gleaming. in the other, endless sea stretched on and on. next to them, rocks formed a horseshoe shape like some sort of harbor.

"where the shit are we?" she said with a disgusted expression.

"i dunno." leo shrugged as he brushed his hair away. his feet kicked below him. the water was only about six feet deep, and the tides were calm, serene, almost unmoving. the water looked strikingly clear.

"we're not in kansas anymore."

"we haven't been in kansas for two weeks-" leo finally got the joke and rolled his eyes.

"i guess we should swim to shore." leo sat as he pointed to the city.

"no, not the busy one." aruna shook her head. she pointed to the left. "let's go there."

leo stared at the back of her head like she was crazy. when aruna turned back to him, she looked at him like she was shocked he could be looking at her like that.

"but the city is so much closer!" leo replied as he swam closer to her.

"but if we get picked up by the cops, we may never get out." aruna replied. "nobody will be able to bail us out, and because we aren't citizens of whatever country that this is, we'll be detained indefinitely." she spit back as she swam closer.