twenty-five: things get sorted

~•♡•~

leo was named head counselor almost immediately. already, his family had accepted him, and he got to work. i waved goodbye as i made my way out with piper, but i didn't miss leo's dejected look.

"so." i huffed as we split into our own at the main camp. "you and jason, huh?"

piper blushed. "oh. that."

"that sucks. you would've been a good hunter." i smirked. piper laughed and shook her head.

"no, i don't think that's for me. but all that silvery clothing, and hating all boys? you'd fit right in." piper said as she lightly nudged my shoulder.

i shrugged. "dunno. that's a lot of hard work."

piper smirked. "well... you're also into leo, so-"

"no!" i laughed. "gods, he's way too annoying. besides, right now i'm more focused on sleeping arrangements than romance."

"we have extra space at the aphrodite cabin." piper offered. "it's smells like perfume and roses in there, but-"

"would drew like that?" i snorted.

"it's not her choice anymore."

i stared at piper with wide eyes and she simply smiled. "no way!" i gasped. "you're head counselor!"

"yup."

piper and i laughed. it felt so much better to have some sense of normalcy after everything that had happened in the past few days. hand in hand, we skipped- literally skipped- around camp, almost like we were normal teenage girls.

"aruna!"

we stopped dead in our tracks as ryan from the hermes cabin ran up to his. he bit his lip nervously and dug his hands in his pockets as i glared at him.

"listen, i-i'm so sorry. really. i tried to make them stop, but they wouldn't listen!" he ranted. "and-and it was wrong, and if you still need a place to stay, we have a bunk for you at the hermes cabin."

i stared at him. he looked at me, his eyes wide and he began tapping his foot.

"y'know, funny thing about being titan-spawn," i spat. "is my mother gave me an ability to read emotions. and ryan?"

"huh?"

i slapped him across the face. bystanders gasped and stared as ryan fell on his bottom, his heart racing with shock as he held his cheek.

"try lying to me again, and see what happens."

piper and i linked arms, and skipped away again.

~•♡•~

"hi?" i asked annabeth as she walked over to me. piper had left to do some things with her cabinmates, leo was building a warship, and jason was training, so i was now weaving flower crowns (i asked the dryads before i did it) by myself at the edge of the woods.

"hey. how are you?" she asked as she sat next to me.

"good for someone who died yesterday and came back." i nodded. annabeth sighed, seemingly understanding that frankly, i probably wouldn't be fine unless i got some serious drugs.