seventy-six: aruna and leo really like cuddling to confuse people

ARUNA

~•♡•~

"i'm going to fucking murder you if you think you can scare me."

sheepishly, leo emerged from the shadows. aruna turned to him, her face plastered with a smirk as leo awkwardly shrugged. he walked up to her, kicking aside dirty clothes in her bedroom floor. aruna smiled as leo pressed a soft kiss to her cheek.

"i never get to sneak up on you! it's not fair!" he complained as he sat down on the bed.

"life isn't fair." aruna replied as she crossed her arms. "so, why are you here?"

"what- i can't visit my girlfriend just for the hell of it?"

"there is always an ulterior motive." aruna replied. leo sat up and smiled.

"my motive is you being super attractive and wanting to remind myself you're real. that's all." he shrugged.

aruna rolled her eyes even as she blushed. "you're a dork."

"eh, just shootin' my shot." he sat up fully, looking around the room curiously. most of their time was spent in leo's room rather than aruna's, which was a little odd. leo's room could kill you by tripping, and it always stunk of machine grease. aruna's smelled like mint and her blankets were fluffier and more comfy.

"shootin' your shot? what are you shootin' for?"

leo shrugged. "i dunno. a hug? a kiss? for you to tell me what a dumbass i am?"

"you're a complete dumbass."

leo pumped his fist in victory and aruna rolled her eyes as she got up and walked over to the bed. leo smelled like he was freshly showered, which was always pleasant. aruna sat with her legs out and her back propped up on pillows.

"piper was interrogating me today."

aruna nodded. "i am aware."

"you know they all know, right?" leo smiled as he turned to look at aruna. she shrugged as leo moved over to her.

"that's their problem." she shrugged as leo laid his head on her chest, his arms around her waist. aruna held him softly, her hands playing with his hair as leo snuggled into her. "do you care if they know?"

"i kinda want them to know." leo murmured into his shirt. "then they'll know i won."

aruna laughed softly and laid her head back fully. leo held her tightly, his body warm. "won? at what?"

"at wooing the hottest girl in the world."

aruna woke up to screaming above deck. leo shot up, his breath hitching as he turned to the door. the screaming above died down, and aruna could hear piper talking to jason, explaining something about falling.

aruna rolled her eyes before closing them again. "he's fine. they're all fine."

"no, he needs me." leo suddenly said as he shot up. aruna still felt sleepy, then angry at his warm body moving away from hers. "he's asking for me. i gotta go before i get yelled at again."