4: Sudden

"You're too funny." I heard Jimin reply from the other side and my smile dropped. "I just called you to say that, I'm super talented, so I've already finished my work. I'm free now. So come to Busan."

I smiled slightly and said, "Only if you pay for the bullet train fare."

"Fine, I will. I'll use my paid vacation to stay here tomorrow." He replied instantly but my eyes widened.

I thought we were joking.

"I don't think I can go. I don't have a day off tomorrow. I'm hanging up now." I said and without hearing his reply, I put the phone down.

Why are my cheeks heating up?

What's wrong with me?

I heard someone enter the office room and I turned to see Namjoon walking past me to reach his seat. "Good morning, Jie."

I bowed at him. Jimin knows that I like Namjoon. I'm sure he's just messing with me. I thought and nodded before typing on the keyboard to focus back on work.

----------------

I groaned hearing my phone vibrating just when I was about to go to sleep. I opened my eyes, reaching for my phone.

Jimin:
Hyunjin from Sales section 2 likes you. Ping him, will you?

What's wrong with this guy now? I sat up on my bed, looking at his text and scoffed in annoyance.

Me:
I like someone else.

I kept my phone aside, hugging my knees but a smile spread across my face in relief. "I'm glad that he wasn't serious about me."

-------------

I was reading some reports on my computer in the office when Jimin suddenly held his phone in front of my face.

"Look at this," I flinched but then looked at the picture of Linda on his phone. "This is my Linda."

I looked at him in confusion with a smile. "What?"

He swiped to show more pictures that he had clicked of her. "My girlfriend."

I looked at the picture and then went back to him. I chuckled in disbelief, shaking my head. "Please, don't be ridiculous."

He sighed, shaking his phone in front of my face but I resumed my work. "This is my girlfriend. I'm serious."

I turned to face him and he nodded. "For real."

I felt a slight pang in my heart. Why is it hurting me?

"Isn't she pretty?" Jimin asked with a smile and I stood up from my seat, walking towards the coffee machine.

---------------------

I had my eyes opened for an hour now, trying to sleep but these thoughts kept lingering in my mind.

You said you were fond of me, Jimin.

I rubbed my face in frustration and sat up on my bed. I took a hold of my phone before texting Jimin.

Me:
Do you really love your girlfriend?

A reply came in immediately.

Jimin:
I love her. So what?

My eyes were stuck on his reply and unknowingly my fingers did something on the screen.

Me:
I like you, Jimin.

I bit my lips in disbelief and I want to just go and drown myself in a river right now. This is so embarassing.

Like, why would I like him?

Him, out of everyone?

Didn't I use to hate him?

What's wrong with you Jie?

Just go and drown yourself somewhere!

Suddenly I received a reply from him and my eyes landed on the message.

Jimin:
Is that so? Damn! Bad timing.

I locked my phone and tossed it again, fisting my hair at my stunt tonight.

--------------------

I walk behind Namjoon, towards my office as we meet accidentally on our way to office and I notice something.

I said I liked Namjoon a lot.
Yet I'm not flustered being with him.

My heart is filled with feelings for Jimin, and Namjoon is long in the past. I don't know why—

"Jie," I heard Namjoon call me and I turned to him and realised that we were waiting at the signal. "I'm going to quit the job."

I should feel surprised but I didn't feel anything about it. I heard that Namjoon has been dating someone for a long time. Apparently, they broke up, and everyone in the office knew about it.

“Who was he dating?”

“Kaori Minami from the Marketing department.”

“Isn't she married?”

“Yes, they had an affair. The bosses found out so he broke up with Kaori, decided to quit the company and move abroad.”

“I see.”

---------------

But Namjoon unexpectedly asked me for a meal on the weekend. So here I am waiting for him to arrive until I hear a female voice. "Ms. Lee?"

I turned around to see Linda linking arms with,

Jimin.

**********

This week's update

This week's update. These are just building up the plot. Things will get Spicier next week. Let's go.

I hope you voted on my previous chapters. And this one too. It encourages me a lot to write more. Thank you 💟