5: Sail

I looked at his face who was looking at me blankly. Linda smiled at me. "It's been a while. Are you waiting for someone?"

I smiled back at her. "I am."

"Who are you meeting?" Jimin asked me sternly and a deep voice called out from behind me. "Oh, Jimin. It's you."

Namjoon said, standing beside me. Jimin rolled his eyes at me and then looked at Namjoon. "Mr. Kim, this girl is really stupid. Any misunderstanding might get you in trouble later." Jimin said, looking at Namjoon.

My eyes widened but I kept silent. What was that? Is he talking about how I took his messages seriously?

"See you later. Let's go." Jimin said, walking away with Linda who was staring at me in confusion.

------------------

"Do you regret breaking up with Mrs. Minami?" I asked Namjoon but he smiled shaking his head. "Not at all."

"I should have done this sooner. Actually, you have influenced my decision, though." He said and I passed him an amused grin.

"I'm sorry if I sound conceited, but your positive approach inspired me. Maybe if I was as dynamic as you. I might have had a different future." He says with a smile and paused before continuing.

"Knowing that I can't go on like this, but I was afraid to make changes."

"Your champagne and strawberry rice cakes." The waiter said, keeping the things on our table.

He still has feelings for Kaori.

I smiled before eating the sweet and having a small conversation with him here and there. "Jie, I'm really thankful to you. I appreciate all your help." He said and I smiled at him.

"I wish you well." I said and he nodded before walking away from here. I looked at his back while he was walking.

He's trying to move on with his life. I should do the same. I thought to myself before heading back to my home.

I finished my dinner and was watching some videos on YouTube on my tab when my phone started ringing. I groaned in irritation before pausing the video on my tab and walking towards the nightstand.

"Stop ringing! I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone right now." I mumbled but stopped when the caller ID flashed.

Jimin.

I blinked several times whether I should pick it up or not but then sighed before picking it up, placing it close to my ear.

"What do you want?" I scowled. "What are you up to?" He rasped through the other side.

"I'm at home." I replied seriously, not wanting to talk any further. He chuckled before saying, "Did he send you home so early?"

"There is nothing going on between us. Just leave me alone, will you?" I said to him before hanging up.

Suddenly a notification popped up in my phone.

Jimin:
Do you still like me?

Tears were brimming my eyes. I shut my eyes before dialling his number this time until answered.

"Yes, I do." I said in a cracked voice and heard him sigh. "I see."

There was a silence for a minute. Both of us didn't hung up until he spoke.

"Text me your address. I'm coming over." He says and hung up. My eyes widened and I furrowed my brows.

I ran across my room. " Now? Why is he coming over? It's 10 PM." I sat in my bed, fixing it.

"What else?" I mumbled, looking around then went to look at myself in the mirror. I took the lip gloss and was about to apply it but paused shaking my head.

"No! I better take a shower."

---------------------

I exit my apartment to see Jimin's car parked in front of my apartment. I move towards his window and he turned to look at me, behind the glass.

"Why are you all dressed up?" He asked, lowering the glass window. I blinked several times, unable to answer him

"Do you like me that much?" He asked and it got on my nerves this time. "You have a girlfriend. Why are you here?" I asked, irritation lacing in my voice.

He frowned and looked at me sternly. "I thought you wanted me to come over." I looked away from him. I don't know why I am doing this. But . . .

"I can go back to Linda's place, if that's what you want." He interrupted my thoughts and I looked at him.

He's not even denying things with her.  But he came to see me.

I pressed my lips together, preventing the tears to fall as I looked at him. "Please, don't go." I croaked. He rolled his eyes and jerked his head to his side. "Get in."

I obeyed and slowly sat on the passenger's side of his luxurious car.

It was silent. None of us spoke for a while until I broke the silence. "Jimin, I like you." I confessed and he turned to look at me. And the next thing I know is,

His mouth was on mine.

*****************

Okay, what? That escalated real quick

Okay, what? That escalated real quick. Take it slow, guys. Calm down.