44: Embrace

Jie's POV

Mr Park pulled me out of my home as I was struggling to free myself from him. "Let go of me!"

"It's no use for you to refuse now." He said and harshly pulled me out.

"Jie!" I heard Jimin's voice and turned to look at him with my swollen eyes, streaming down tears. "Jimin?" I mumbled and pushed Mr. Park back.

I ran towards him and he embraced me in his arms. "Jie, our baby... Are you both okay?" He asked and pulled out to see my face.

I nodded silently. He smiled with teary eyes of happiness. "Let's have this baby, please. I'll protect you two for the rest of my life." He said, cupping my face, smiling at me warmly.

I shut my eyes and rested my forehead on his shoulder while he wrapped his arms around me.

"Jimin, I'll never allow this." I heard his father and felt Jimin pulling out from me. I stared at his eyes, burning holes down his father.

He gently let me go and walked towards his father. "What the fuck did you do? Your should know what's right or wrong!" Jimin barked and gripped his father's collars, pulling it harshly.

I gasped and ran over to prevent Jimin from fighting. "Let go of him." I screamed and separated his hands from his collars, wrapping my arms around his form, pulling him back.

"He is your father." I yelled and felt Jimin calm down under my grip. "Does that give him the right to do whatever he wants?"

He held my wrists and unwrapped my arms, still glaring at his father. "Jie, he forced you to do this, didn't he?"

I cupped his face and made him look at me. His red eyes softening instantly. "I'm fine now." I said and he shut his eyes, breathing heavily. He held my shoulder and turned me towards the door. "Let's go."

He took me inside my home and shut the door on his father's face. He slowly walked me towards the bed and made me take a seat there while he crouched in front of me, eyes meeting eyes.

"What did my father say to you?" He asked and I looked at him. "He told me about Linda. Did you know about her?"

He nodded.

"I see... We have always been like this. I feel bad for Linda." I said and stood up on my heels walking towards the kitchen to hide my tears.

I heard Jimin following me. "I'm fine now. Please leave, Jimin."

"Linda is married now. And she is happy. She came all the way to tell me this, only so that I could move on." He says and I turn to look at him with hesitation.

"Of course, that doesn't justify what I did to her. But I didn't know what it mean," he said and held my hand in his, "to love someone till I met you."

He swung his arm across my shoulder. "I'm really sorry for everything that I have put you through. I'll do better in the future."

I grabbed his hands and pulled them off me. "What about your father?"

"I don't care if he cuts ties with me."

"Don't."

"But you're more important to be, Jie."

"I'm fine with being alone."

"But I want to be with you." He pressed, pulling me towards him.  "I need you with me. Please, Jie. Please."

I looked into his eyes filled with desperate years threatening to fall and it did. Those tiny beads of tears soaking his face, showing his vulnerable side.

"Jie, tell me what's on your mind. Tell me the truth." He pleaded. I took a deep breath, looking into his eyes, I mumbled. "I want to be with you too."

I gaze at Jimin, this crazy man that I love, yes love. Can I leave him? I left him once before, and it nearly broke me . . . and him. I love him.

"Don't leave me," he whispered as if he can read my mind. "Oh, for crying out loud—no! I am not going to go!" I shout. There, I've said it. I am not leaving.

"Really?" His eyes widen, uncertainty lacing his voice. "What can I do to make you understand I will not run? What can I say, Jimin?"

He gazes at me, revealing his fear and anguish again. He swallows. "There is one thing you can do."

"What?" I snapped and he whispered instantly.

"Marry me."

************