40: Expecting

I walked out of the toilet cubicle after puking my organs out. I walked over to the mirror and took my makeup out, fixing it properly to hide the paleness of my skin. I started applying the creme foundation on my face, especially over my eye bags.

I can't separate work from my personal life. It sucks.

I sighed and put the items inside the bag and walked out of the restroom to walk back to my seat. I kept the pouch on the desk and unlocked my computer to start working when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I turned to look at Yoongi staring at me in concern. "You can go home now, Jie." He said with a slight smile and I looked at him awkwardly. "Okay."

He nodded and walked away as I saw Taehyung, looking at me worriedly. He nodded at me too, signalling me to go back home. I pursed my lips and shut my eyes in embarrassment.

Everyone has noticed I'm down.

I pack my stuff and stand up, feeling dizzy all of a sudden. I swallow the lump in my throat and take a breath before walking towards Yoongi's seat. "I will take my leave first."

"Okay." He said and I saw Taehyung waving at me. "Excuse me for today." I bowed at them and walked away.

------------------------

I sit in the office lounge and rub my temples in frustration at the immense pain in my head. I'm feeling sick again.

"You're here again!" I heard a rough voice and stood up immediately to stare at the grey haired man, walking towards me with his secretary.

"Mr. Park." I bow at him and he passes me a dirty glare. I looked straight into his eyes, trying not to break down. "I broke up with your son."

"Well, well!" He said, nodding satisfactorily. "Mr. Park." Yoongi approached him with a polite smile.

"Director Yoongi. Good evening." Mr. Park greeted him back with a small smile. Yoongi's eyes landed on me. "Jie, this is perfect timing."

I frowned as he approached me, standing right beside me, looking at Mr. Park who was silently watching our movements. Yoongi placed a hand at my back gently.

"This is Lee Jie. She is very talented." He praised me and I turned to look at his proud smile while appreciating me. "She started as Jimin's subordinate."

Mr. Park rolled his eyes and walked away without listening to it and I looked down, tears brimming my eyes. "Do you want to go to the beach, Jie?"

I turned to look at Yoongi and he smiled at me softly. "Pardon?" I asked, looking up at him. He pointed at my shirt. "You're wearing a blue shirt afterall." He said while giggling.

-----------------------

Jimin's POV

Sasha took off her heels and held the baseball bat in her hands while I did the same in the next section.

I wanted to play indoor baseball at the downtown street and she just joined me. So I didn't bother much.

The ball was thrown at us from the machine and I swung my bat at hit it. "Do you come here often?" I asked her and she held the bat after missing a hit.

"Yeah, but I can't hit it. Not even once." She said while both us were focused on the slot from where the ball was being thrown.

"Then why did you come? It's boring isn't it?" I asked and swung my bat once again to score a hit. "No, it's not!"

I looked at the scoring board as I cleared the level eng turned to look at Sasha who was hanging her head low.

"Why can't I hit it?" She croaked and looked up at me before standing up and walking towards my section, a net separating us. "Why can't it be me?" She asked while crying.

I walked towards her, reducing our gap which is now just separated by the net.

"Do you really like me?" I ask her and she sniffed before nodding her head. "I do."

I chuckled at her answer. "Bullshit!"I exclaim and look at her darkly. "The person you like is my father, isn't it?"

Her pupils dilated and lips parted, further proving my suspicion. "How did you know that?" She asked and I passed her a small smile before going back to my position to strike the ball.

"Just a hunch. Your perfume is the same as his. I knew I had smelled it before. I found it unusual for a woman to wear it." I say and the ball is thrown at me.

I swing my bat and hit the ball, scoring a point. "So is he dumping you?" I ask and she tenses before scoffing.

"What? No—"

"Is that why you're after me now?" I ask and he brows furrow in rage. "That's not it. I thought we were alike, because of your one-sided feelings for Jie." She says and I roll my eyes at her.

"Did you want us to lick each other's wounds?" I ask and she grits her teeth before going back to her position as a ball is shot at her.

She swings her bat with full force as I do the same, both of us getting a point. "Have some respect for yourself. Besides..." I say and swing my bat again, hitting the ball away from me when I hear Sasha's bat hitting another ball too. As I continue my words,

"You cannot replace Jie. No one can."

**********

I love the character development of Jimin in this story