23: Sinful

I was sitting in front of Linda at the meeting room. "I'll introduce you to my successor soon." She said, closing her laptop and I started packing my stuff. "I understand."

"Jimin," she called out and I looked at her. "It's been a pleasure. Thank you for everything."

"I couldn't keep my promise. I'm sorry. For hurting you literally." I said and bowed at her. "My apologies."

She looked up at me. She smiled, shaking her head. "Goodbye. I wish you well for your future." She said, standing up and walking away.

I'm sorry for making you say these last words. But I don't know what love is.

I jumped on my bed, exhaling deeply, ruffling my hair as a huge burden was lifted off my shoulders.

Finally, I broke up with Linda. I must tell Jie.

I sat up, holding my phone with a wide grin. I went to her contact ready to call her but my smile faded as I thought of something.

Just like how Jie means everything to me. I hope she feels the same.

I locked my phone and laid back on my bed, hugging my knees, scared about my thoughts.

If I said I love her then I'm afraid that she wouldn't be her true self anymore.

I buried my face into my knees, holding in my tears, threatening to fall.

[One month later]

"Resigned?" I gasped at Yoongi. And he nodded. "I thought everyone knew about it."

Panic started growing inside me but I kept my calm. "Where did she go?"

"I heard that she was scouted by the international fashion House, Hope's Creation." He said and my lips started trembling.

"But it's a shame. I was planning to bring her back in our department." He said with a sad face. I blinked several times, sitting back on my seat.

Jie went away.

I don't understand her. But it was me who told her to find a new man.

----------------------------

I was in a meeting when my phone started vibrating. I looked at it.

Jie Baby ♥️

I looked at it, gulping my saliva, wanting to attend the call but I studied.

I couldn't answer the call afterall.

----------------------------

I walked out of the meeting room and instantly took my phone out to look at the notifications.

Jie Baby ♥️:
Actually, I'm a very selfish person.

Jie Baby ♥️:
I've been holding back my feelings till now because you have Linda. But I can't do this anymore.

Jie Baby ♥️:
I'll find a man who'll love me, and make me happy everyday.

Jie Baby ♥️:
I wished we could've talked one last time. But whatever.

Jie Baby ♥️:
It's over between us.

I scoffed at her messages. What the fuck? Jie?

It's like she's telling me that she loves me whole heartily.

Go ahead, Jie. Give it a shot.

Just like me. You also can't live without me.

I won't reply. I won't beg her not to leave me. Suffer for me, beg for me.

We are each other's, Sinful Ecstasy. You will never get me out of your mind. Otherwise, you wouldn't be the Jie I know.

Jie's POV

I stared at the texts that I sent him. He read it but didn't respond.

I knew he wouldn't reply. Doesn't he have a single word to say?

I chuckled bitterly, shaking my head.

I'm done suffering for him. I don't want this anymore. I don't want to have this Sinful Ecstasy.

I locked my phone and looked at the new files on my desk for Hobi's company.

I'm going to change from being the old Jie. I'll be the Jie that Jimin doesn't know.

**************

Can you guess the name of the last but one chapter before the epilogue of this book, related to the name of this chapter?

I did a double update because we are having a major time stamp from the next chapters.