31: Enigma

I smile and run to Jimin who just glances away and starts walking. "Jimin!" I exclaimed but he kept walking.

"Jimin—"
"I said to you, not a word!"

I paused my steps while looking at him with sad eyes and he halted on his steps. He turned back to stare at me in confusion as tears streamed down my face.

"Hey! Jimin! Why do you treat me like that?" I screamed and I saw him tense, looking at the passers-by gawk at us. "Jie, stop! Come here!" He whispered, glaring at me.

I wiped my tears as a fresh set of tears soak my face. "Do I really mean nothing to you?" I yelled and his eyes widened.

"Why do I have to suffer so much for loving you deeply?" I sobbed hard, rubbing my face. "Jie—"

"Will I forever be a puppet to you?" I screamed and he sighed, walking towards me. He looked at me softly before wiping my tears from my face.

I looked at him weakly. "Why don't you love me, Jimin?" He looked into my eyes deeply before leaning in and pecking my lips shortly.

"If I didn't love you then I wouldn't be standing here listening to your screams." He whispered and joined our hands, pulling me towards the station.

"I love you." I confessed lowly and felt him taking me towards the subway station. "I love you more, Jie. But I don't know if I'm enough for you. I don't know the meaning of love. I've been neglected by my parents and misled by my own friends. That's why I don't like when people touch me."

Tears fall unbidden from my eyes. "No. Please, don't cry," he murmurs, his voice anguished as he wraps me tightly in his arms. "Please don't cry for me."

And I burst into full-blown sobs, burying my face against his neck, as I think of a boy lost in a sea of fear and pain, frightened, neglected—hurt beyond all endurance.

Pulling away, he clasps my head with both hands, tilts it backward, and leans down to kiss me, completely ignoring the fact that we are in public although the place isn't crowded.

"Don't cry, baby, please," he murmurs against my mouth. "It was long ago, please don't cry. I want to be with you, love."

"I want to be with you, too. More than you'll ever know. To see you like this . . . so hurt and afraid, Jimin . . . it wounds me deeply. I love you so much." He runs his thumb across my bottom lip. "I know. I love you too," he whispers.

"You're very easy to love. Don't you see that?"
"No, baby, I don't."
"You are. And I do and so do your friends. So do Taehyung and Yoongi—they have a strange way of showing it—but they do. You are worthy."

"Stop." He puts his finger over my lips and shakes his head, an agonized expression on his face. "I can't hear this. I'm nothing, Jie. I'm a husk of a man. I don't have a heart."

"Yes, you do. And I want it, all of it. You're a good man, Jimin, a really good man. Don't ever doubt that. Look at what you've done . . . what you've achieved," I sob. "Look what you've done for me . . . what you've turned your back on, for me," I whisper. "I know. I know how you feel about me now."

He gazes down at me, his eyes wide and panicked, and all we can hear is the steady trains passing by as there is no one on this platform.

"You love me," I whisper. His eyes widen further and his mouth opens. He takes a huge breath as if winded. He looks tortured—vulnerable.

"Yes," he whispers. "I do. A lot."

*************

OFFICIAL! IT'S OFFICIAL!! AHHH! AFTER 31 CHAPTERS! I CAN'T BELIEVE!