33: Exchange

[Two weeks later]

Jie's POV

I looked at Hoseok who called me towards the exit. He smiles and waves at me. I stand beside him. "JiJi, I won't take much of your time but I need your help now."

My eyes widened and I was immediately tugged by him towards the exit of the building. "Hey, wait! What are you doing?" He shushes me and we walk towards the exit to see an elderly couple staring at us.

"Mom, dad. How are you?" He says and I frown at him but bow at his parents. "We are good. How did you like our surprise?"

"Visiting me suddenly is surely a bad surprise." Hobi said, chuckling bitterly as I could feel him passing me something from behind. "We just wanted to meet your wife."

I frown but take that thing from his hand to notice that it was a ring. I look at him with raised brows and he raises his brows too, smiling at me nervously.

"Sure, she's my wife! Lee— I mean Park— Sorry, Jung Jie." He said, winking at me with pleading eyes while I laugh at his parents nervously, slipping in the ring in my finger and raising it to show them.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Jung. Nice to meet you." I said, bowing at them. "So you weren't lying?" Mrs. Jung asks Hobi who vigorously shakes his head at his mother.

"No, I told you that I'm not doing drugs here. I'm working and well settled. I don't want to go back to Gwangju." He said and I look at the desperation in his eyes.

I looked at his parents still thinking so I decided to chip in. "Mr. and Mrs. Jung, I don't want to meddle in your family business but I really hope you see Hoseok work for a day. He works so passionately and helps others so much with their designs, that you are bound to let him stay away. He is doing what he loves so please don't force him to go back to his hometown."

His parents' eyes widened and I heard Hoseok gasp beside me. I look at him in confusion until I hear his parents chuckling at us.

"I mean you really got yourself a lovely partner, Hobi. I just hope that you stay happy. Nothing else matters to us. But you should've told us that you got married."

Hoseok scratched his neck and stared at me for help. "Well, he didn't say that because we are getting a divorce." I replied and his parents' eyes widened. "What! Why?" Hoseok screamed.

"Because . . . Because—"
"Because he likes guys." Yoongi says and my eyes widened. Hoseok looks at him in horror and then at me. "How did he know?" My eyes widened as I moved closer to him.

"You like guys?" I whispered and he pressed his lips together, answering the question without words.

Yoongi looks at his parents and then smiles at them. "Please accept your son just the way he is instead of forcing him to be the way you want."

His parents' mouth gapes open but they nod. "I surely would accept him. But a divorce is—"

"We are not married. We were just pranking you. Haha!" I said, pulling the ring from my finger and throwing it at Hoseok. "Surprise!" I cheer and Hoseok glares at me.

"I'm sorry, mom and dad. I really didn't want to go back to Gwangju that's why I lied to you but I really love this job and want to enjoy my life, the way I want it." Hobi said to his parents and my eyes softened.

"Please, aunty and uncle. Accept him." I said and they smiled and nodded.

I squealed in delight and cheered while Hobi hugged his parents, winking at me and then passing a thankful look at Yoongi, who just smiled in return.

Jimin's POV

The development sector was suddenly removed and we were transferred to other sectors, making it difficult for me to see Jie all the time.

Director Yoongi has been placed at the Board of directors and I was a Chief of the Sales section. Jie was a regular employee of the marketing sector under Yoongi.

I walked towards my new seat and saw the people under me bowing at me. I bowed at them with a serious face. "I am Park Jimin and I will lead this sector from today onwards."

I saw a girl approaching me and I alarmed myself. "Hello, Chief. I am Sasha. I will be working under you." I bowed at her.

She was clearly seducing me, judging her tone and the way she was so close to me but I'm already taken by someone.

Sasha fixed her hair and I saw the way she was bending forward to show me her cleavage. But I don't fall for these anymore.

"I need to see the analytics of this sector." I walked away from there and she followed me. "Sure, sir. I'll help you." She said. I rolled my eyes, getting on the escalator.

My eyes landed on Yoongi and Jie sitting on the lounge on the ground floor with so many papers, chuckling together. "They look good as a couple." I heard Sasha's voice and I turned to peek at her.

"What?" I asked her to repeat herself and she chuckled, covering her face elegantly. "Director Yoongi and Lee Jie, they look good together."

My eyes darkened and I looked away from her, back to my Jie. "I don't think so. Because Jie is my girlfriend." I heard her gasp as we reached the ground floor.

I didn't want to disturb them so I just continued my way to the storage room to find the documents. As I heard Sasha's heels clicking behind me.

"So how long will she be your girlfriend?" She asked and I knitted my brows in confusion before glaring at her. "Excuse me?"

She chuckled. "We all know that girls don't last long in your life. So I just want to tell you that I'm after Jie in the line." She winked at me and I tried not to lose my anger in the office.

"Just get out of here, Miss Sasha. Don't make me lose my mind."

******************

🙋🏻‍♀️