36: Encourage

I walk towards my desk and see Yoongi looking at me in concern. I smile at him slightly but he gets up from his seat and approaches me.

"Are you fine?" He asks in concern and I nod at him. "I am."

"Did something happen with Jimin?" I look at him wide eyed and he smiled. "I can see it, Jie. It's alright. Talk it out. I'm sure it'll be fine."

I smile at him nervously. "I'm sorry for relying on you for everything." I say and hear him chuckle. "Isn't that a good thing?"

I pass him a questioning gaze and he smiled. "I'm not a reliable person so I feel good that someone excellent like you relies on a cyborg workaholic like me." I shake my head at him.

"Why would you think like that? I really want to be as successful like you." I encourage him but he smiles nodding his head.

"Don't be sad, alright?" He said and I nodded when he walked back to his seat. I sighed deeply, tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

Why did we begin our story that way?

Now it is causing a lot of problems to stick together. I don't know, Jimin.

But I cannot hurt you either.

I stare at the message that he sent me. Before asking him to meet me in the corner of the hallway since I couldn't have lunch with him.

I stand up from my place and walk towards the mentioned spot. I wait for him a while before I see him walking towards me. He smiles as soon he looks at me.

I try to stretch my lips as well, putting on my best smiles as he stands in front of me. "Still didn't understand why you didn't reply to my messages."

"I did. Just now." I protest.
"But you left me on read for more than four hours and you weren't in the office as well. Why did you do that?"

"Whatever." I mutter.
"Don't whatever me. Never whatever me."
"Oh, sorry, whatever, Mr. Park Jimin." I add under my breath.

"What?"
"Nothing."
He grabs my arm. "It's not nothing," he says and beyond his frown and the sharp intensity of his eyes, I see the fear.

"And nothing is whatever between us, do you understand? That's not how we talk, that's not how we work. We don't just roll our eyes and ignore shit. We deal with shit. And that's why I'm in this fucking hallway right now because I couldn’t work with this weight in my heart."

Oh. Damn.
I didn’t know it was like that. His words almost have a calming effect on me. "Well what are you so worried about?" I manage to say.

"You," he whispers, closing the gap between us and cradling my face in his hands. "I worry about you. I worry about losing you."

I gulp, trying to hide my tears as I say, "Why would you think that? I'm all yours, Jimin."

"How do I know? How do I know you're not after something else?"
I think anyone else might be insulted, but I know what his childhood did to him. I know how distrustful of intentions he can be. And that I'm also going to do the same to him, break his trust.

I place my hands on top of his hands and gaze up at him with all the truth that I can muster, hoping he can read in my eyes before he hears it from my lips.

Falling for Jimin was a step off into the unknown, a leap off the highest cliff, with clouds obscuring the view below. You don't know what lies below you, you don't know how far you'll fall or if you'll even land at all.

You don't know anything because no one knows anything. And it doesn't even matter. Life is nothing without risk.

I closed my eyes, took that leap, and fell in love. I'm still falling. But,

I open my eyes and stare at his confused state.

I have to push him away.

He passes me an amused grin but I join our lips together. He gasped at my sudden action, wrapping his arms around my figure, trying to pull out.

Is this going to be our last time together? If it is that way then I want to make love with him. I want to pour all my emotions and affection this time.

He pulls his face back and stared at me. "I want to tell you something. Well more like ask you something." But I kissed him again, ignoring his words.

"Jie."

*******

 We all know what happens next chapter

We all know what happens next chapter. Badadam~