46: Ecstacy

I was looking at the picture that the doctor gave us just now, showing the baby but I don't see a baby? What does this thing do? Can't even show a proper picture of my baby—

"Are you the father?" The doctor asks and I turn to her. "Yes."

"When she first came here, can you imagine how she felt about being alone?" The doctor asks.

I look at Jie far away from us, talking with the receptionist and smiling with her, guilt rushing through my veins like wildfire.

"Never make her go through it again." She warned and I bowed at her. "I won't. My apologies."

"She might be moody during this time but try to be patient with her. It's all because of the pregnancy hormones." She said and I nodded.

I stood up to look at the doctor seriously. "She'll continue to be in your care. Thank you in advance."

----------------------

"How is your father?" Jie asked me as we walk towards the home, currently strolling at a park.

"It's going to be a long battle. No matter what I say, he just doesn't budge." I replied. "I found out about my father's mistress when I was in seventh grade. That's when things started to make sense." I tell her and continue.

"Mother didn't care about him and abandoned her responsibilities. She just gadded around."

Her grip on my hand tightened and we paused our steps. "Is that why you don't like home cooked meals?"

"Everytime I had food prepared by our housekeeper. I felt like I was being teased that my mother didn't love me." I replied casually.

"I was just a kid. Clearly, our family lacked affection. And I have no clue how to be a good father. So thank you for taking a chance with me. Us, together." I said but then my eyes widened when I realised something. "I mean... The three of us."

She giggled, nodding her head and I smiled back.

I rummaged my pocket to take out a black velvet box. I opened it in front of her eyes where the diamond ring was glimmering under the sunlight.

Jie chuckled at me and wiped the tears that were flowing down her face. "Please, marry me."

She cried but her wide smile was hinting at her happiness as she nodded. "As long as you will have me."

"It has to be you, Lee Jie." I said and took the ring out and saw Jie passing me her hand. I smiled and gently gripped it before sliding the ring on her ring finger.

She placed her hand next to her face, showing the ring on her finger. "How do I look?" She asked and my heart thudded rapidly inside at her happiness.

This is it.

This is how I want everything to be.

I laughed at her. "It looks great on you!" I exclaimed dramatically and she laughed with me. She lunged on me as I hugged her protectively.

"Let's be happy, love." I mumble and she hums. "Yes, Jimin."

Jie's POV

Jimin smiles at my reply and takes out a granola bar from his pocket, unwrapping it and placing it close to my mouth. "Eat this," he murmurs, his voice low and seductive. I willingly comply.

"You really don't eat enough. You've lost weight since I've known you." His tone is gentle.

I don't want to think about my weight; truth is, I like being this slim. I bite the chocolate.

"I just want to go home and make love," I mutter disconsolately. Jimin grins. "So do I, and we will. Eat up."

Reluctantly, I turn back to the chocolate and start to eat. Honestly speaking, I feel like a child who has been denied candy.

Jimin is such a tease, a delicious, hot, naughty tease, and all mine. He quizzes me about baby stuff.

As it turns out, Jimin is completely clueless about family stuff. Hmm... At least he is making an effort to learn.

I want to go home. The carnal anticipation is unfurling between us.

He's so good at this. Making me wait.
Setting the scene.

Between talks, he places his hand on his thigh, so close to mine, but still doesn't touch me just to tease.

Suddenly, his phone started vibrating, he pulled out of the hug with a frustrated sigh before taking it out to see the caller ID.

Home

"Hello?"

*******************

Now closely observe all the chapters name and the numbers

Now closely observe all the chapters name and the numbers. You're welcome.