22: Sadness

I walk towards the exit of the office and see Jimin standing.

It has been about a year since we have been meeting at my home.

Once a month at least. But we are.

He looks up at me blankly. I smile at him slightly and walk past him. Yes, that's how we do it. Ignore each other at office.

But this time he stopped me with his words. "I won't come to your home tonight. I have work." I turned to look at him and nodded without a smile, turning back to walk away but he stopped me again.

"Find yourself a man, Jie. How long will you stick to me?" I turned again but this time with a bitter smile on my face. "Good night, Jimin."

--------------------

"Jie, just join my company. Damn, you're so good at sales and I need someone like you, please!" Hobi said as I was sitting in his office.

"What is my job in a fashion House?" I asked, rolling my eyes. "I managed to bring you here after almost a year. You hardly get out of your home and meet me. I hate you!" He says with a pout.

I chuckled, shaking my head. Only if he would know. "But I don't want to get in through connections. Why would you want someone average like me, Hobi?"

"Oh, shut up! If you are average then I'm worse." He said and showed me done documents. "And Hope's Creation doesn't just hire people randomly. I chose you after seeing your merits."

I looked up at him. "Please, JiJi. Help your Hobi." He said and I sighed. "But it will cause a lot of problems to transfer—"

"Don't worry about that. I'll take care of it. I love you, Ji!" He cheered and I smiled genuinely after a long time.

-----------------

I was walking behind Chief. "Have you checked with the clients?" He asked and I replied. "Yes, sir."

I saw Jimin towards us. I looked at him but he just simply walked past me without sparing a glance. I was still looking behind him when Chief interrupted me.

"I heard that he is engaged to Rogers' daughter." He said and I looked at him with big eyes. I nodded. "She is resigning from Busan Corp and moving back with her parents."

My eyes widened. "What?" I asked and he frowned. "Yes, why are you so worked up?"

Did she get to know about him cheating on her? And finally break up with him?

-----------------------------------

Jimin's POV

[In the whole year]

I was crossing the road when my phone vibrated. I took it in my hands and read the message.

“I want to see you.”

My eyes widened and a huge smile crept up on my face. I thought it was over with Jie.

But realisation hit me. I have to wake up early tomorrow for a meeting. But I cannot let this chance go.

But I cannot just let her stay with me when I'm engaged to Linda. But she called me herself.

I shut my eyes, biting my lips, running my fingers through my hair in frustration. I sighed before making my decision. So I quickly typed in.

“I'll be there in an hour.”

"I like you, Jimin." Jie says and my eyes widen. "Just for this? For having sex?" I ask.

She stays silent. She doesn't express her feelings anymore, making me feel like this is just a mere physical relationship. So that makes it only me who's willing to continue this relationship.

"Can't you just break up with Linda?" She asks. My eyes darken. She is ignoring my question.

"No."

I look at my phone after looking at the dinner meeting with Sawadda company right now as I see Jie coming towards me.

She smiled at me slightly and walked past me. "I won't come to your home tonight. I have work."

She turned to look at me and nodded without a smile, turning back to walk away. Her curt reply made me irritated a bit so I said some harsh words which I didn't mean. 

"Find yourself a man, Jie. How long will you stick to me?" She turned again but this time with a bitter smile. "Good night, Jimin." She said and turned, leaving me here.

My heart ached at the cold shoulder she was giving me but I'm completely responsible for this. Suddenly, a notification popped up on my phone.

Linda Busan Corp:
It's been a while. Hope you're doing good. I'm moving back to my hometown.

Me:
Okay.

Linda Busan Corp:
Won't you ask why?

Me:
Why?

Linda Busan Corp:
Because my parents wants me to have an arranged marriage.

I locked my phone, tears brimming my eyes as I cannot do this anymore.

"I want to give up."

************

I really feel bad for Jimin

I really feel bad for Jimin. But let's appreciate the uncle in the above gif and the abs. Damn!