41: Easy

Jie's POV

I walk behind Yoongi as we stroll on the beach. "I can't believe that we're actually on the beach." I mumble to myself and hear Yoongi chuckling in front of me.

"Let's go closer to the water." He says and I oblige, muttering a small 'okay'. I follow Yoongi who is walking with his hands inside his pockets.

"I have never been to a beach at night." I croaked while giggling. "You can cry all you want here." Yoongi said.

"I already cried enough in the car. I'm really sorry for being a nuisance." I say but Yoongi shakes his head. "There's nothing to be apologetic about. Your work is excellent, more than I hoped for. I really appreciate it, Jie."

"I have to apologise to one more thing." I say shakily and he frowns in confusion but nods anyway. "Which is?"

"When I broke up with Jimin, I told him that I like someone's name. And I mentioned your name." I say with a nervous smile.

Yoongi bursts into laughter which I have never seen in all the days and months I have worked under him. "You said what?"

"I'm really sorry." I bow at him and he sighs deeply. "I understand. I'll play along with your lie."

I straighten up and pass him a questioning gaze. "Huh?"

"But you have to grant me a wish." Yoongi said and I motioned him to continue. "Wear the same clothes tomorrow at office." He said, pointing at my shirt and skirt.

---------------------

I was waiting in front of the elevator with Yoongi beside me as we saw Taehyung approaching us with a boxy grin. "Good morning!"

"Good morning, Taehyung." Yoongi said and I greeted him too when we heard the beep from the elevator.

"Did the two of you come in together?" Taehyung exclaimed and we saw the elevator door opening. Jimin came out of it, looking at me while listening to Taehyung.

"It's the same clothes you wore yesterday." Taehyung mumbled and Jimin was eyeing our clothes. My eyes widened as Jimin twitched his lips sideways, rushing away from the spot.

I was about to chase him but Yoongi held my shoulder, stopping me. "Taehyung, will you go with Jie?"

"Okay." Taehyung mumbled and Yoongi patted my shoulder before running towards the direction where Jimin went.

"Let's go, Jie." Taehyung said from behind but I was still looking at the direction where both of them went.

What is Yoongi exactly up to?

------------------------

Jimin's POV

I storm down the stairs when I hear Yoongi's voice, calling my name. "Jimin!"

I paused on the tracks, shutting my eyes in frustration. But I need to be professional in the office.

"What is it? I'm going to the store." I reply and Yoongi stands beside me, facing me.

I turn to peek at him, trying not to punch his face, holding in the jealousy burning my veins inside. "Are you jealous?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" I ask, looking away and Yoongi scoffs at me as I turn back to him. "Are you okay with it, Jimin?"

"What are you talking about?" I ask and Yoongi looks at me sternly. "About Jie. Do you really believe that?"

"Whether I like it or not, Jie likes you, Director Yoongi." I say, clenching my fists as I look at him blankly. "Have you visited your parents recently?" He asks. "What?"

"Are you talking with your father?" Yoongi raises his voice at me. Why is he suddenly bringing up my father now?

"The chairperson of Busan Corp, Mr. Rogers is resigning. Your father was his faction, did you two talk?"

"No, we didn't." I answer him curtly. "Stop hiding in your own shell. Look around you." Yoongi said, patting my shoulder and walking away.

I'm at a loss of words.

I had no idea about my father's work relationships.

I don't even know how Jie feels. Maybe she's been miserable when we were together.

Then she must be happy to be with Yoongi.

-----------------------

Jie's POV

I walk into the bathroom to see Sasha fixing her makeup there. "Hello." I greet her and she smiles before greeting me back.

"I heard you broke up with Jimin." She says and my ears perk up at her sudden words.

"That was a smart decision. Jimin, is quite amazing, isn't he? He's sure addictive, but the man can't stay away from women." She said and kept her makeup inside her pouch, walking out of the bathroom. "Bye!" She said on her way out.

Jimin and Sasha...already? But why? I look at my reflection on the mirror. I assumed that I was the only one for him.

Seems like I used to be the other woman besides his girlfriend too.

************

Why are people are reading this book so much more than the others? 👀 Makes me want to update it more often

Sinful Ecstasy || Park Jimin ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara