35: Expose

Jie's POV

I kept typing on the keyboard when the telephone on my desk rings. I picked up the call and placed it close to my ear. "Hello, how may I help you?"

"Am I speaking to Miss Lee Jie?" A male voice speaks and I reply. "Yes, sir. You are."

"Hello, Miss Lee. I'm Park Hyunwoo. Jimin's father and the CEO of Busan Corp." My eyes widened and my mouth opened. "Yes, sir. How may I help you?"

"Do you perhaps have some time today?" He asked and I blinked several times before thinking about my schedule today. "I'm free right now. If it's fine with you."

"That's good. Then I want to talk to you about something."

---------------------------

Jimin's POV

I chuckled while getting out of the meeting room recalling the best three weeks of my life that I spent with Jie. We don't meet everyday but I try to spend every day with her. Especially this morning when I realised my strong feelings for her.

"You are insatiable, Miss Lee. As much as that idea appeals, I have an eight thirty meeting, so I have to go shortly."

She suddenly jumps out of the bed and rushes towards the bathroom while I whisper lowly.

"You're so precious to me, Jie. Will you say yes if I ask for your hand in marriage?"

"What did you say?" She asked but I smiled before replying. "Nothing."

I smile while recalling that and take my phone out to text Jie.

Me:
Hey, love. Want to grab lunch together?

I grin and look at the notifications of my father's missed calls that I have been about these last few weeks. I lock my phone before putting back my serious face and walking back to my sector.

---------------------------

Jie's POV

I sit in front of the intimidating CEO of Busan Corp who is staring at me with his piercing gaze. He keeps the mug fired and joins his hand together, eyes still burning holes through me.

"What do you feel about my son?" He asks hoarsely and my eyes widened, I gulp the lump in my throat before answering. "He is a very good coworker and helps—"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about so don't waste my time. I know what kind of a relationship you have with my son." I look at him in horror but he stares at me sternly.

"My son hasn't been receiving my calls for a week. His mother is not well. And I find out that he has been dating you." He says and I frown at his words.

"His mother is ill. Yet, he is not paying attention to her. And spending time with you." He said and I looked up at him with big eyes.

"Don't cause any more trouble. Linda had already told me earlier that Jimin was with you while she was engaged with him. Jimin was so involved with you that Linda tried to end her life." I gasp at his words.

"Yes, so if you have the slightest amount of shame left in you then I would suggest you to leave my son alone." He said while my lips were trembling in shock.

"But I love Jimin." I tried to say, silently sobbing. "You are shameless and such a selfish girl. Even after causing so much of miseries in Jimin's life, you won't let him go?"

I pressed my lips together in a thin line, tears streaming down my face, my hands shaking, my breath hitching as I stared at Jimin's father.

"Did Linda really try to take her life?" I asked and he nodded. "Do you know after that I could never face her parents again. Because of you, she tried to take her life."

I shut my eyes, crying at his words. "You hurt so many people so please get out of my son's life." He said and I bit my lips in frustration.

"But I really love him." I mumbled. "Do you want to hurt Jimin as well?" He asked and I looked at him with big eyes, shaking my head vigorously.

"Then breakup with him."

--------------------

Can you feel the story coming to an end?