9: Serious

I drink the beer from the can, sitting at the edge of the bed while Linda is peacefully sleeping naked behind me. Suddenly, my phone vibrated.

I grab it and see Jie's message.

“Do you really love your girlfriend?”

The beer almost spilled from my mouth as I stared at the message she sent me she sent me just now.

Crap, she hit me, where it hurts. I thought with a smirk on my lips. I'll show you how committed I am. I started typing on my phone.

“I love her. So what?”

I scoffed and started sipping on my drink with a smirk on my lips when a reply came in again.

“I like you, Jimin.”

My smile dropped at this. What? I don't get it. I thought she liked Namjoon.

Is she teasing me?

I replied and locked my phone, rolling my eyes in annoyance.

"Thank you for taking me out on a proper date." Linda said, linking her arms with me. "I'll go shopping with you anytime."

She smiled but then her eyes landed on someone when I looked at her as well. "Ms. Lee?"

I stared at her blankly while she was looking extra fluffy with her jacket and jeans. Casual style yet it was suiting her.

"It's been a while. Are you waiting for someone?" She smiled back at her. "I am."

"Who are you meeting?" I asked her in a serious tone and a deep voice called out from behind her. "Oh, Jimin. It's you."

Namjoon said, standing beside her.

My whole body burned, I fisted my hands inside my pocket as I rolled my eyes.

I was too upset to even speak.

I looked at Namjoon before saying something which I didn't really mean.

I was sitting in my car, and dialled Jie's number, waiting for her to pick up my call. "What do you want?" She scowled.

"What are you up to?" I asked her.

"I'm at home." She replied and a relief spread through my system as I chuckled before saying, "Did he send you home so early?"

"There is nothing going on between us. Just leave me alone, will you?" She said before hanging up. My smile even widened.

Why am I feeling so happy?

I don't know.

Then I typed in something before sending it to her.

“Do you still like me?”

And there was a call from her. I picked it up, placing the phone close to ear.

"Yes, I do." She croaked.

She's crying. For me. For my love.

I sighed. "I see."

There was silence for a minute.

"Text me your address. I'm coming over." I say and end the call.

My body responded before I could even think.

I quickly buckled up my seatbelt, turning on the engine and staring to drive.

She sat inside the car. It was silent. Damn! Was she always so adorable? I thought, side glancing at her.

"Jimin, I like you." She suddenly broke the silence and I turned to look at her.

I want Jie. I want her.

I cup her face and kiss her gently, softly connecting our lips as electricity sparked through my veins. But,

I can't go on like this.

I pulled back slowly. I sat back properly on my seat. "I'll leave now." I said without looking at her.

"What?"

It became silent again but the next thing she did made me lose control. She sat up and

"I'll visit you again tomorrow night." I said to her.

[Present time]

"Let's break up." I said and Linda's eyes widened.

I thought all women were the same, but I was wrong.

"Is something going on with you and Jie?" She questioned me out of the blue and I looked at her.

Her soft features turned dark. She fused her eyebrows and glared at me. "I told my father about us. He said CEO Park's son would be a suitable match for me." She said, gripping my wrists as I stared at her blankly.

"He told me to bring you to our house next weekend. I can't live without you, Jimin!" She pushed me harshly and grabbed the nearest cushion and started to hit me with it.

Breaking off with Linda, and dating Jie.

I was overly naive to think it would be easy.

---------------

I stood in front of Jie's apartment. I was feeling guilty, but I promised her that I'd come back. She opened the door and my eyes fell upon her big smile after seeing me.

"Come on in." She cheered and he positivity already brought a smile to my face. After a while, I was on her bed, in a T-shirt and joggers, waiting for her to return from the washroom.

What the hell am I doing? I'm in her bedroom without breaking it off with my girlfriend. To say the least, I can't touch her.

I saw her coming to me in her nightgown covered by a silk robe. She came and knelt on the ground beside the bed.

"Do you mind if I get in bed with you?" She asked with her innocent eyes. It's already so hard, and she isn't making it easier. I stand up from the bed.

I've never met anyone like her. My entire body reacts to her. Am I the only one who thinks so? So I make her in the middle of the room and ask her.

"Do you want it?"

*************

I want it. I got it. I want it. I got it. She likes my hair. Gee, thanks. Just bought. I see it, I like it. I want it. I got it.