42: Estimate

Jimin's POV

I walk towards the vending machine in the company but my eyes widen to see Jie, crouching in front of it. "Jie!" She turns to look at me weakly.

She looks pale.

"Are you okay?" I ask her, concern lacing my voice. She stands up straight. "I've been busy. That's all." She replies.

Busy? Does that mean she hasn't seen Yoongi? Maybe she's holding back, just like when she was with me.

She took a can of coffee and started walking away from me but I stopped her. "Hey, are you alright?"

Jie's POV

How can I be alright? I thought without turning my face to him but Jimin walked across to stand in front of me.

I looked up at him with big eyes. "You don't look like your usual self." He said.

I can't be myself right now.

"Please, step aside." I said and he frowned. "Love—"

My face stiffened up. Was he going to call me love?

"Sorry, it's a habit." He apologized. I looked down. It's so painful.

"It seemed like you were pushing yourself too hard. I know you hate to see me now." Jimin said with a bitter laugh.

He shook his head and walked away from me. I looked at house back moving away.

I'd rather him treat me coldly. I thought while crying silently, facing the ground.

--------------------

The waiter served us food. I was sitting beside Yoongi with some clients for a dinner meeting. "Thank you so much."

"It's our house Special." The client said, as the waiter placed the plate full of meat in front of me. I smiled at him, bowing at him.

This looks so yummy, but I have absolutely no appetite.

The client held the champagne bottle in front of me. "Miss Lee?"

I looked at him with big eyes and touched my glass but Yoongi stopped me. "Excuse me. She can't drink."

"Oh, I see." He said and poured some alcohol in Yoongi's glass. I giggled awkwardly and apologised.

------------------

"Jie," I heard Yoongi's voice from behind and looked at him. "You should go to the hospital tomorrow."

"Sorry?"

"You haven't eaten at all. I'm not just talking about today." He said, narrowing his eyes at me. I giggled at him, wiggling my hands.

"Well, that's..."

Because I had my heart broken. I wanted to say.

"Don't you get it, Jie?" He hissed and I looked at him in confusion. "You should know you were a big-time foodie."

I chuckled at his words. "Wait! Are you making fun of me?" I said while laughing. "No, but you really should go to the hospital." He said with a smile and patted my shoulders before walking away.

I smiled at his cuteness but covered my face getting the sourness of puke coming up to my throat.

I swallowed the lump and exhaled deeply. Wait a second.

When was my last period?

----------------------

I was filling the application at the gynaecologist. And circled in the test I was applying to do.

Pregnancy Test.

"Here's my form." I said, giving the receptionist the form. "Okay. Wait for a moment. I'll return your insurance card."

I bowed at her and turned around see the lounge filled with couples. Some single women were there too but then I saw some of the women with their baby bumps and their partners smiling at them lovingly.

"Miss. Kang, here's your insurance card." I heard the receptionist behind me.

"Miss Lee?" I heard my name and turned back to face Sasha looking at me with a smile. I smiled back. "It's you, Sasha."

"What a coincidence! We go to the same hospital." She cheered and tilted get head at me. "Are you here for the pill too?"

My smile faded but I shook my head, smiling again. "Uh, no."

"You have been looking Haggard lately." She said and I chuckled. "Do you think so?"

"There are these women who cowardly use vulnerability to stop men from leaving." She said and my smile vanished, "Oh, I'm not talking about you, Miss Lee."

"Miss. Kang, you're up next."

Sasha looked behind and then smiled at me. "See you " I bowed at her blankly while she walked away from me.

Because I hurt Jimin badly, she's hostile to me, his ex.

---------------------------

"I confirmed the baby's heartbeat. Miss Lee, you are pregnant." The doctor said with a smile.

My eyes widened at her words. "You're close to 11 weeks along. If you're planning to have the baby in our hospital, be sure to make an appointment soon."

Despite the predicament outside, I'm overjoyed with the life inside me. I smiled looking at the monitor showing my developing baby.

Baby of the man I love . . . I'm going to keep it.

************