13: Sober

Jimin must think of me as a special person. He is just ridiculously busy at work right now. And yet . . .

He still came to see me.

"Shower?" I heard his voice as I was taking off my sweater. I turned to look at him, noticing that he had already taken off his jacket. "Huh?"

"I asked, do you want to shower together?" He asked me with a straight face, keeping his hands inside the pocket. My lips curved up immediately so I pressed my lips together to conceal my smile.

I threw my jacket somewhere behind running to him, wrapping my hands around him, burying my face in his neck. "I will."

I felt him wrapping his arms around my waist as well as I heard him chuckle. "Dummy." I could hear his smile without looking at him.

He pulled back and stared at me with a soft look. He slowly cupped my face his hands, cold metals of the ring sending shivers down.

He stroked my cheeks a few times before leaning in and pecking my lips gently. He pulled his face back and his eyes were filled with lust.

His hands slowly moved towards the buttons of my shirt and he started undoing them. "You look so cute, baby."

---------------------

"Chief, I've completed the internal report. Could you please confirm?" I told the new HR and he smiled at me.

I looked back at my laptop. Yes, this Section had laptops instead of those computers. I stood up, exiting the room.

It's been a month since Jimin and I have been meeting secretly. He treats me so well. That my heart doesn't want anything else.

It was shortly after my transfer, when I came to learn about it.

I smile while walking towards the cafeteria.

"I feel so stupid begging clients for their business. It's ridiculous working earnestly."

"I know."

"Speaking of Jimin, he's engaged to Linda of Busan Corp."

My eyes widened as I heard them.

"Really? Engaged?"

"I don't know if I should have told you this."

The two men talk while taking a cup of coffee. I blink several times at their words, before going towards the snacks counter.

"Wait!" I said and they turned to look at me. Their gloomy faces turned bright immediately. "Miss. Jie!" They squealed in delight.

"Is it true about Jimin's engagement?" I asked with a smile although I felt my heart ripping apart inside.

They smiled and nodded. "Yes, with Linda Rogers from Busan Corp."

"Oh? Isn't she the chairman's daughter?" The other guy asked his friend with big eyes and he nodded. My smile dropped.

Is Jimin going to marry her?

---------------------------

I lay down on my bed. I knew this relationship is already a mistake. I wonder if Jimin even feels guilty towards me or Linda.

I would rather give up than worry about Linda. I feel bad for her but I hope she's sincerely fed up with the cheater and break up with him.

My phone started ringing and I immediately picked it up. "Hello?"

"I'm on my way. Actually, I'm already outside." Jimin replied and my eyes widened when the doorbell rang. "Huh?"

------------------

I poured him some coffee. "Here you go." I said and he nodded with a smile. "Thank You."

I sat on the chair beside the table while he was sitting on the couch. I gazed at him while he was drinking coffee.

He must be tired. So I shouldn't cling to him.

Suddenly I saw a hand extended in my direction so I looked up to see Jimin smiling at me, waiting for my hand.

I slowly reached out to link our hands but he pulled me towards him. My eyes widened as he made me sit on his lap, nuzzling his face on my arm.

"It was so cold outside." He said. "But this house is warm." I replied and he chuckled, nodding his head.

I tried to sit carefully but something poked me from down there. "Ah, it's the keys. Wait!" Jimin said, pulling the keys from his pocket and kept it on the table.

But my smile dropped instantly. There were two keys. One was of his house and the other one was not. Probably Linda's.

I smiled again forcefully and looked at him while he shifted uncomfortably before taking the other key inside his pocket.

I wrapped my arms around his and rested my head on his shoulder. "Tell me. Are you planning to become the president? Are you marrying Linda?" I asked with a forced smile and pulled my head back to stare at him.

Please say no.

"I guess so." He replied with a slight smile and my heart started stinging. "I see. You're the eldest son yet you're marrying into her family." I said with a smile and he giggled.

"Right? I thought about that, too." He said cheerfully. I rested my head back on his shoulder. "Do you have time to meet Linda? Maybe you shouldn't come here as often as you have been." I said and looked at him.

Please don't accept it. Please say that you want to come here more often. Please, Jimin.

He stared at me seriously before paying my head and nodding.

"You're right, Jie."

**************

Asshole! The writer is an asshole for making Jimin like this! How dare she make my mini mochi chim chim like a walking Playboy? Why?

Asshole! The writer is an asshole for making Jimin like this! How dare she make my mini mochi chim chim like a walking Playboy? Why? . . . I know this is what you're thinking. Because while making this book, I thought the same. 😅