38: Escape

[Four days later]

I sigh looking at my phone. Still no reply. It's been four days since Jie replied. I don't even see her much at office. Is she that busy?

That's really strange. I bit my lips in frustration when I heard heels clicking towards me. "Chief, want to go grab a bite?" I heard Sasha's voice behind me.

"No, thanks." I replied roughly before walking away but she started following me. "Are you going to Jie's place?"

I paused on my steps, clenching my fists tightly. What's with this woman?

She approached me again and I turned to look at her. "You look lonely, Jimin." With that she walks away from me while I stare at her back.

I poke my tongue on my cheek, scoffing at this ridiculous woman and get words before walking away.

------------------

Yoongi's POV

"Have you checked the documents?" I ask Jie while walking towards the exit when she agrees. My eyes fall upon Mr. Park who was walking towards us to go to the elevator.

"Mr. Park," I called out and he looked up at me with his secretary. His lips curved up and I bowed at him. "Oh, Director Yoongi!" He exclaimed in delight.

I stood upright and watched him look at me politely. "You'll see me a lot often from now on." He said and looked at Jie behind me.

His smile faded and his expressions darkened. "She looks pale. Your employees can't even take care of themselves, huh?" He mocked Jie without a reason and I frowned at his sudden words.

I chuckled and replied instead of Jie. "She is an excellent employee. You'll see, once you get to know her."

He looked at me in displeasure before walking past me, his secretary bowed at me before following Mr. Park to the elevator.

I walked towards the exit and turned to peek at Jie. "Let me know if you need any help." She smiled and nodded at me. "Thank you so much."

"I'm the one who asked you back here. So I'll take care of everything." I assured her and she nodded with a sad smile. "Thanks. But..."

I chuckled at her. "Stop looking like you're going to disappear." She pursed her lips together and nodded. "Okay."

-----------------------

Jimin's POV

I fix my jacket, ready to get off work when my phone vibrates. I take it out to read the message.

Love ♥️:
Tonight, I'll come over to yours.

My mood lifted up instantly as I smiled looking at her message. I pursed my lips together to conceal the happiness that exploded within me because of a simple message from her.

I quickly lock my phone, putting it back inside my pocket and grabbing my bag to return home.

-----------------------

Jie keeps the groceries that she bought on the kitchen counter as I stared at her lovingly from the living room.

I have been wanting to say this to her for a long time so I stand up on my feet, scrubbing them towards her. "Listen," I start and she looks up at me with an unreadable expression. "Yes?"

I wait for a while, my blood running cold due to extreme nervousness, my lips quivering but I blurt it out anyway. "Do you want to get married?"

Her eyes widened as she slowly looked away from me. "I'll buy the ring you want, no matter how expensive it is." I said as she started crying.

Happy tears?

"I can't think of anyone but you." I said and gently gripped her arms, turning her towards me and holding her hand with both of mine.

"I want to live a happy life with you." I confess and she stares into my eyes before hanging her head low, sobbing silently.

I chuckled and cup her head, placing it on my shoulder to rest. "Are you crying again?" But she pulled her head back to stare at me.

"I'm sorry." She started and I passed her an amused grin, confused at her words as she said,

"I like someone else."

***************

Do you want another update? 👀 Convince me cutely 😁