18: Separated

I was walking towards my home after meeting Jie when my phone started ringing.

Linda Busan Corp

I sighed before receiving the call. "Hello?" I called out in a hard voice. As I heard whimpering from the other side.

"Goodbye." Linda croaked and ended the call. My eyes widened as I stared at the mobile phone. I turned around running towards my car to drive myself to her home.

[Trigger warning: ⚠️ mention of suicide]

I used her keys and entered her home. "Linda!" I screamed but didn't receive a reply. My fingers were trembling, my blood ran cold and my mind was all over the place.

I checked her bedroom and kitchen but she was nowhere to be found. Extreme panic overtook me.

I rushed towards her bathroom and opened the door only to find Linda on the tiled floor with her hand inside the bathtub filled with red water.

Blood.

She looked up at me with a smile but there was a look of horror in my face. I crouched beside her and took her hand out of the water. My eyes landed on the razor with the traces of blood on the floor but I looked back at Linda.

She kept smiling at me. "Linda, let's go to the hospital." I said lowly. She cupped my face with her other hand with a smile and shook her head. "I'm fine, now that you're here."

I saw the cut that she made on her hand and it was still oozing blood. "Linda, let's just go to the hospital, please."

Linda had her head placed on my lap as I was sat on her couch. Her bandaged hand in front of her face as she was sleeping.

I tried to control my tears. I'm a stupid person who does nothing but hurt others. My eyes fell upon the medicines on the coffee table.

I cannot leave Linda alone like this for a while. I will have to stay close to her so that she doesn't do something like this anytime soon.

I got down from the cab in front of the office and turned to see Linda. "Thanks for staying with me until morning." She said with a smile.

"Take care," I replied with no emotions.  She shut the door, waving at me when the cab moved away.

I turned my head to look at Jie who was staring at us but she smiled before approaching me. "Good morning." She said cheerfully.

She definitely saw us then why is he not lashing out on me?

I frowned at her. "What are you doing here?" I asked her seriously.

"I'm on my way to the office. Aren't you going?" She replied with a smile.

Why is she pretending to ignore the fact that she didn't hear me staying with Linda the whole night?

"I'll see you at your place tonight." I said and turned back to enter the building.

I have to make some time even during my meetings to meet with Jie. I cannot just stay without her.

I was standing under her window, staring at it as I dialled on her number waiting for her to pick up my call. 

After several rings she picked up and relief spread through me.

"Jie baby," I rasped through the phone and stared at her window longingly. But she didn't answer. "Hello?" I called out again.

"Jimin, when are you going to break up with Linda?" She said lowly. I can hear the sadness through her voice and it aches my heart. "We have better times together. Absolutely."

I closed my eyes in frustration, biting my lips, trying not to breakdown. "What are you saying, Jie? Don't be ridiculous."

"I can't do this anymore, Jimin. I cannot do it like this." She croaked and I lost it.

Tears streamed through my face and I collapsed on the ground in front of her house. I could hear muffled sobs from the other side but I prevented my sobs to be heard.

I cannot live without her. I never thought of marriage with someone but I cannot let her go.

But I cannot hold her with me like this either. I shouldn't.

"Okay." I replied and disconnected the call immediately. Burying my face on my hands and crying silently.

I hate myself.

I hate being in the world full of lies. I hate my stupidity. I hate my situation and especially my actions.

But I cannot bear being without Jie. Even though, I cannot be intimate with her, I need our hearts to be connected. So I typed in a message for her.

“If you can forgive me someday for this, then I would like to go back to being friends with you.”

I wiped my tears before standing up and turning to look at her window again.

"Because of my own stupidity, I lost someone so precious in my life."

**************

Not the emotional attack! Linda! You— ARGHHHH!!!!

Sinful Ecstasy || Park Jimin ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara