Intermission and Teaser # 21

I don't own. This belongs to their respective owners. I make no money of this.

Trigger warning: mentions of child abuse and neglect.

"Well then," Peter began. "That is some bull crap if I ever seen it."

"Wait, what," Steve said. "How am I the reason that Peter is dead?"

"Relax, you probably aren't," Peter reassured.

"You and several others were in the middle of a massive battle with some of the worst villains to exist. In the chaos, you didn't notice a sniper aimed at you. He jumped in front of a bullet meant for you," Uatu said. "Because of that, you blamed yourself."

"I am sorry-" Steve's apology was interrupted by Peter.

"This was an alternate version of you," Peter pointed out. "Relax, I don't blame you. So anyways, what is the next event about?"

"I still should have-," he was once more cut off by Peter.

"You were in a massive battle. You couldn't have known about the sniper," Peter said. "I have my spider sense. It doesn't just work for just me. It can sense other things. Like when others are in danger. Now, what are we viewing next?" His voice left no room for argument.

"We are viewing Hulk's and Banners's relationship," Uatu replied. "And the origin of the Hulk."

"We already know that," Bruce said. "The Gamma Ray exposure created the Hulk."

"This will show you just how misguided you are," Uatu said. And not explaining further, he allowed the screen to light up.

 "And Bruce, this will briefly go into your childhood as well as your father," Uatu said

"No! No! I don't want to," Bruce said, terrified. Similar to when he was beat. When he would go to sleep hungry, scared of his own father. Fearful for his life. "Please, don't make me!"

The Avengers were all shocked how Bruce was acting. He was always calm and collected. And yet here he was acting like a four year old, terrified of the dark. They knew he almost always refused to talk about his childhood. While he would talk about his time before teaming up in New York, he never mentioned his childhood.

"Please, don't do this," Bruce pleaded. "I can't- I won't."

"I am truly sorry, Bruce," Uatu genuinely said. "But you must see this. You must know."

An) Done. This next chapter will be dark. Perhaps the darkest one yet. So yeah, there's that.