Intermission and Teaser #37

I don't own this. This belongs to their respective owners. I make no money off of this.

"No offense," Tony said. "But he isn't exactly in the physical condition to beat the Punisher."

"I doubt he intends to kill him in a head on fight," Natasha commented. "He will probably try to use more subtle methods."

"It does not matter," Drax declared. "He is far too great of a fighter for them."

"You seem to like him," Gamora noted.

"He isn't the only one who has lost his family," Drax replied, his previous excitement gone.

There was an uncomfortable silence in the room. Eventually, it was Uatu himself who spoke up: "Many of you have requested to know who my boss is. He has given me permission to show you guys who he is. In this event, he directly interferes."

"Why now," Stephen asked. "We have been viewing these events for an eternity. What makes now so special?"

"I can't tell you, Stephen," Uatu said. "Honestly, I don't know why he chose now to reveal this. For now, even I am in the dark."

"You mean to tell me that you don't know why he is doing this," Tony said. "Yet you blindly follow his orders. Why?"

Uatu was silent, trying to think of a way to word his response. He was silent for so long that they began to think he was ignoring the question. Eventually, he said: "I am a Watcher. We are a race who observes the infinite multiverse. However, we cannot interfere. It is a vow every Watcher has taken. And yet, your stories, your lives, they matter to me. When my boss first asked me to break my vow and interfere, I agreed."

"And how do you know that he didn't force you to agree," Natasha questioned.

"Why would he," Uatu replied. "Why ask me in the first place? Why not just have you guys win? Why force all of you to view different universes? He could do whatever he wanted, yet he provides all of you with the knowledge to defeat your foe. I doubt he would force me to take up this task if he wouldn't force you all to win."

The room was once more consumed by silence as he contemplated his words. Eventually, Uatu decided to speak again: "We must continue." For the first time, no one wanted to protest the end of the break.

" For the first time, no one wanted to protest the end of the break

"A few things to keep in mind," Uatu advised. "This takes place after Peter revealed his identity to the world. However, it takes place before Mephisto interfered."

Nobody said anything, they were all too focused on the screen. Ready to finally get a chance to see the person who controlled everything.

An) Done. So here it is, the 100th chapter special. I am excited. I can't wait to see what you guys think of it. Also I know technically this was the 100th chapter, but I got it as close as I could.