Intermission and Teaser #54

I don't own this. This belongs to their respective owners. I make no money off of this.

"And yet a new bad guy is on his way to do some evil shit," Sam complained.

"Yeah, but I would advise against him challenging all the Spiders. They have proven that they are quite formidable and not to be messed with," T'Challa responded.

"When has that ever stopped villains before," Peter asked.

"Never, but you think they would eventually learn that they aren't going to win," Sam responded.

"That is never going to happen," Bucky told him. They are like cockroaches, no matter how hard you try, they will just keep coming.

"You are right about that," Tony said. "But we don't at least with our guys they don't just keep coming back. These universes, they seem to never stop."

"Peter, do you remember earlier  when Flash took on the Venom Symbiote," Uatu asked.

"Yeah," Peter replied.

Everyone grew tense. They also remembered that the army was more than willing to let him die. Something none of them were happy about.

"This takes place after that. At this time, he has deserted the Army with the Symbiote. Because of this, Red Hulk was sent to bring him in," Uatu explained.

"Damn," Rhodey said. Normally he would hate anyone who deserted, no matter what army it was they deserted from. But given the circumstances...

"There are two more involved in this," Uatu continued. "Laura Kinney the clone daughter of Wolverine, and Alejandra Jones the host for the Ghost Rider."

"I thought Johnny Blaze was the host," Tony interrupted.

"He was," Uatu answered. "However, he gave up the powers. Right now he is helping Alejandra right a wrong she has committed."

"What did she do," Carol asked. She knew what it was like to feel the need to need redemption. She was called the Annihilator for a reason.

"She was tricked into taking away sin from Nicaragua," Uatu answered. "Effectively turning them into mindless drones"

Stephen and Wong exchanged looks, thinking the same thing: This was going to cause them a headache. 

"Great," Wong growled. "Let's get this one over with."

"First," Quill said. "Me, Rocket and the rest of the Guardians, we need some privacy."

"Of course," Uatu agreed. And in a flash, they were gone.

With the Guardians:

"Okay, Rocket, spill," Gamora ordered.

So he did. Rocket told them everything he could about the High Evolutionary and his plans. How he had created him. How he wanted to create the perfect society, but kept on failing. He left out Lylla and the others though. That was too painful. When he had finished, he looked at them, waiting for their reactions.

"Rocket..." Quill trailed off.

"No," Rocket replied. "This is why I didn't tell you guys. I knew you'd think less of me, okay. So let's just forget it!"

"I don't think less of you,"  Quill interrupted. "If anything, I respect you more. To have to deal with that..."

"You have suffered worse than what Thanos did to Nebula and I," Gamora told him. 

Nebula didn't deny it. She was right.

"When Thanos dies, the High Evolutionary is next," Drax told him.

"Yes," Mantis said as she began to cry.

"No!" Rocket yelled. "The High Evolutionary, he is powerful. Not just in actual powers but politically as well. Half the universe sees him as God! He is too dangerous! I can't lose you guys too!"

"You weren't the only experiment that in your batch were you? There were others too. Ones that you got close to," Nebula guessed. "They didn't survive, did they?"

Rocket just shook his head. "That is why we cannot fight him. I can't lose anyone else."

"You won't," Quill promised. 

"We can't-"

"I am Groot." It was the first time he had spoken since Rocket had begun to tell them the story.

Rocket began to tear up. "Fine. I'll trust you guys on this."

"Do you need a moment or are you good to return to the room," Quill asked.

"I'm good," Rocket lied.

"What did Groot say," Drax asked.

Mantis looked at him, and between her sobs, said: "He said 'Dad, trust us.' "

With that, they flashed back into the room.

Before anyone could say anything, Quill said: "We are not talking about what we did. We are not answering any questions."

Everyone was shocked by the way Quill was acting, previously they saw him as  a Jokester and a bit of an idiot if they were honest. Whatever they talked about in there, it had really pissed him off.

"Uatu, play the event," Peter ordered:

"Is it me, or does this feel like the beginning of a bad joke," Tony asked

"Is it me, or does this feel like the beginning of a bad joke," Tony asked. "A clone, a Hulk, an alien and a demon team up..."

"Tony, you have no room to talk when it comes to bad jokes," Rhodey replied.

"That hurt," Tony told him. "Seriously, I'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight."

Rhodey just rolled his eyes.

An) Done. So the team finally knows about Rocket's past with the High Evolutionary.