Intermission and Teaser #27

I don't own. This belongs to their respective owners. I make no money of this.

There was a silence in the room. Everyone was looking at Peter. Eventually, in a calm voice that didn't betray his rage; though it was obvious it was there; Peter said: "Looks like you were right, MJ. There went the second shoe."

There was awkward silence in the air that seemed to stretch into eternity. Eventually

"Several year ago, I had a wife and daughter," Drax began. "I was in a battle when word reached me of an attack on my house. I ran there as fast as I could. When I got there I found a man in my house. Ronan the Accuser. His men held me down as he killed my wife and daughter. He then laughed. Eventually, I broke free and killed the men that held me down. But it was too late. Ronan the Accuser had already left. I killed four dozen of his men that day. After that I earned my name: Drax the Destroyer. But it meant nothing. The one that killed my wife and daughter had gotten away."

Even the Guardians were surprised by this. Although they had head the story on a few occasions, it was never in such detail. He also rarely told anyone outside of them.

"I didn't know. I'm sorry for your loss," Peter replied,

"When I thought Bucky had killed my father, I tracked him down. I tried to kill him. Eventually, I found out it was not him," T'Challa said. "Had I been successful in killing him, I would have killed the wrong man."

Strange felt like it was his turn to speak. He vowed never to tell anyone about Donna, but he had already told the other version of himself. Before he could stop himself, he spoke: "When I came to Kamar-Taj, I begged to be taught by the Ancient One. Despite no matter how hard I tried to hide my thoughts, she read me like an open book. Everything she said was spot on. Except one thing, she said I became a doctor to save one life above all others, my own. She was right about the first part, But I became a doctor to save my sister, Donna Strange. We were playing on some ice, but it broke, and she fell through. I couldn't save her."

"You never told me that," Wong said.

"It is not something I like to go around telling. Not even Christine knew," Strange said. "The point is that some of use could have intervened, some of us tried to intervene and failed, some of us shouldn't have interfered. All that the man, Ben Urich, would have achieved by helping your Uncle Ben, is dying."

"He may not have intervened, but he is not to blame," Tony told Peter.

"All that would have happened is that Vulture would have ate one more person," MJ said.

"You and I, we brought the Vulture to justice," Ned continued the conversation. "This one is far more savage. There was nothing he could have done."

"I know," Peter admitted. "Doesn't mean I have to like it."

"Almost all of us have lost all someone or something important," Thor pointed out. "Despite our different backgrounds, perhaps we aren't as different as we originally thought."

Uatu suppressed a smile. It was working. They were getting closer together. Soon they would be the team they were meant to be. "We must continue."

"We once more view an alternate universe," Uatu said

"No," Pepper weakly protested. Tony moved to comfort her.

An) Done. Sorry for the delay. It would have been out Saturday but I was lazy.