CHAPTER 15

SAANVI POV....

We all are in the hospital, waiting for the doctor to come out so we could get to know about baba's health. After I saw him fainted on the floor I got so scared.

We all took him here. This hospital was built by baba (Dad) and his Sarpanch friend for this village. Baba used all his life savings for this hospital, for this people who said so many things to my baba.

He doesn't deserve all this. I don't deserve all this. My family doesn't deserve this.

Why I even went there that too in night? Why I couldn't wait for next day? Why he came there? That storm really left the effect behind.

I am sitting on one of the bench. Amara is at home with my grand-parents. I can't leave them alone there.

Boys are here, standing and waiting for doctor to come. Sarpanch uncle is also here with his elder son.

I can't go inside as they are not allowing me to check him up. He is my close family member and according to them I am not stable to treat him.

"Just say Yes for this alliance" I look in front and then beside me. Vikram is sitting beside me.

Didn't get to know when he seated here. I was so engrossed in my own thoughts that I don't realize anything.

"You have a girlfriend Vikram. You love her. I don't want to separate someone just because of my problem." I said to him. Otherwise I have to live with this guilt that I separate two lovers from each other because of me.

"It was not your fault nor was mine but we don't have any other option left. Look at your dad's health Saanvi; you don't have any other option left other than saying yes for this alliance." He said but I am feeling uncomfortable right now.

My heart is thumping so fast. It feels like my heart will come out anytime.

Something is weird and my gut feelings are always right. Is it because of I am rejecting this alliance or there is something else?

I don't know anything.

My mind is not on the right place. For now everything, what is going on is wrong. Those people are wrong, this situation is wrong.

Why a girl has to go through a lot? Why my family has to suffer? Who the hell thinks like this in 21st century?

"Look Saanvi, I talk with my parents and they are coming here. Don't worry, you won't get any problem there. For now we have to find the solution and solution is you have to say yes" He said casually.

He talked with his parents just like that?

"Why are you doing this?" I asked as whatever he said was somewhere right but why is he so desperate to get married? Doesn't he love his girlfriend?

He looks at me for good 20 sec before he speaks

"I am your friend and as a friend I am helping you. You trust me right?" He ask putting his hand on my hands as I am looking into in eyes which shows emotions

Do I trust him?

I nodded my head and he passed me his smile.

"Ms. Saanvi?" I look at the person who called me.

"Doctor" I stood up and went near him

"How's he? What happened to him? Is he fine?" I asked back to back questions when he nodded his head

"For now yes, he is fine. He got minor heart attack but now condition is under-control. He was stressed about something. Make sure you will provide a good environment to him. You are a doctor too so you know what things needed to be done?" He said and I nodded my head