Liberty Vs. Westfield

The crowd was cheering loudly, colours of blue and white cascaded amongst the audience like a shield on one side of the crows while a deep crimson, representing Westfield, stood out like a sore thumb on the other side.

The rivalry between the two schools was legendary. Both boasted exceptional sporting teams and prided themselves on being institutions of culture, safety, and respect. But within the hallowed halls of high school, reality often deviated far from these ideals. Sure it was sometimes fun, full of laughter and love, making new relationships and friendships, getting ready for the so called 'real world' but that was only a small part of what highschool really was.

Highschool was the true definition of hell on earth, surviving highschool is one of the biggest achievements a person could have. Bullying, assault, rumours, friends turning to enemies. You get to know what loyalty is, you get to know what heartbreak is and in all reality, highschool is the door way to life, and life sucks, so you need to know if you can survive it. 

You are expected to have this 'perfect' image but the human race is full of judgement and deception, but highschool can be survivable, you just have to find the right people to get you through it, and for Alexandra Black, those people were Montgomery De La Cruz, Jeff Atkins, Justin Foley, Scott Reed, Zach Dempsey and Hannah Baker.

Alex was currently standing with the rest of the cheerleaders, all wearing the infamous, revealing uniforms that Montgomery loved on her but hated her to wear in front of other guys, especially the whole school. He had mentioned it a few times to her, but he knew how important cheerleading was to her, so he let is slide and tried his best to ignore the way the hormonal teenage boys would stare at her. 

Alex had been cheering for her team the whole night and her voice was getting softer as her throat got more tired and sore by the minute, but she didn't stop because she wanted to show her boyfriend and his team how great they were doing.

The rest of the crowd hadn't stopped cheering either, and the game was almost done; as they watched the football game in front of them, liberty was behind by four points and there was less than a minute left on the clock. Alex was waving her pom-poms even more now and the cheer team quickly began using whatever they had left of their voice and continued to cheer for the team, she knew how important it was for them to win this game and she was positive that they could win it.

They were the liberty tigers and losing wasn't something that they liked, especially when it came to Westfield. Everything went in slow motion as they all shared looks and continued cheering loudly for her boyfriend and her friends. This was it... the last few minutes of the game - the time where anyone could make or break the success of their team. 

Alex watched as a big guy from Westfield shot forward and tackled Montgomery to the ground harshley. She visibly winced as she watched him smash into the ground.  She knew it was part of the game but that didn't make her hate the way they would toss him around like that, no matter how strong he was, he almost always finished the game with various bruises. 

Both teams had been playing exceptionally well this game with both offense and defense, but both teams had gotten a lot of tackles in and a large majority of the boys looked like they were in pain, but still they continued to play the game. 

They all got back on side, and began to think about what play to use to try and win the game.
They got into their positions and got ready for the next run, calling out their code words and signalling what to do with their hands as they nodded to each other. 

Liberty had the ball on their side and Montgomery was going to throw it, as Alex watched bryce, Zach and Monty all give each other a knowing look, she knew that they had a plan to win, and she was confident that they had the will power to make it work.