7.

His blurry vision slowly cleared up. The numbness in his body not allowing him to move much. He sighed heavily, the oxygen mask covering his mouth getting misty in the process. "Eomma!" The boy slowly whispered. He was feeling scared of his surroundings.

Did something happen? He had no idea. Where was his family? He didn't know. Each and every sight was a puzzle but the most scary part of it all was that he couldn't see or hear properly at all. Everything was muffled and fogged. It was extremely confusing.

"Jungkook." A very low voice managed to get his attention but he couldn't see anyone. Just when he was about to move someone grabbed his left hand but he was not able to see that person. The realization enough to rattle every part of his body.

With panic taking over his mind he whipped his head in that direction. The worried face of his mother coming into view. "Eomma. I was not able to see...see you without turning my head." His voice was very low but sufficient for the woman to hear.

"It's okay." That was all she said but the tears streaming down her face were scaring Jungkook even more.

"No! It's not......." He jerked his hand away but what he saw next was not something he was ready for. His palm had scars. Red, wrinkled and still healing. He shuddered at the state of his hand. His eyes slowly moving towards the arm that was no different.

"Eomma." He whispered. His heart clenching inside with fear and pain. His entire arm was..........burnt. Comprehending the gravity of the situation he sprang up into a sitting position. His weak body protesting against his actions.

But he was desperate.

The ravenette had to confirm his condition himself. This can't be true. This can't. He was trying his very best to ignore it all while removing the mask and the IVs. Once done he got off the bed. Stumbling and falling on the way he somehow made it to the restroom.

The moment he entered inside he could feel his soul tear into pieces with the view before his orbs. The scars on his neck were mocking his efforts of denial. With shaking hands he took off his hospital gown only for his world to finally come crashing down.

His half burnt body was laughing at him through the mirror. The entire left side of his vessel a living memory of the accident. "W.....Why?" The question was to no one in particular. He just wished for someone to tell him that it was not true.

"Jungkook please. Let's go back now. Everything will be alright."

Was that his mother's voice? Why was everything so low and confusing around him? "Eomma did I lose my sight and hearing too." His own words made him shudder in fear. He wanted her to deny but the silence was enough of an answer.