47.

The night was silent

A strange hush had taken over the world. The only disturbance in that calmness being the faint footsteps that echoed inside the empty hallway. With utmost caution the door to a particular room was opened by the source of those steps. A woman, her face covered with a scarf entering inside before closing the hatch behind her.

"There you are. I was waiting for this moment." She said, walking closer to the boy sleeping on the bed. "Seems like that idiot did succeed in damaging you pretty good. You can't even breathe on your own now."

Her vicious eyes moved across the body. A sinister smile taking over her features. "It's extremely good to see you like this. Your arrogant self always had so much to say. Now look at you lying here silently. This suits you more. You look beautiful with all these wires supporting your life. A piece of art created by Jae-wook. Or should I say me. Kim Yuna, your beautiful step mother."

Yuna laughed silently. "I'm really sorry Taehyung but I will have to end you for me to live peacefully. You have been a nuisance in my life all this while so it's time to end it. No one is here for you by the way but don't worry you won't be alone for too long. I'll send you to your mother now."

Saying that she took out a syringe from her pocket and stepped closer to the blonde. "It's time to meet your real Eomma my little baby." She snickered, bringing the needle close to Taehyung's neck.

"But there is a secret that you deserve to know before leaving this world. I was the one who drove your mother to insanity. I drugged her to create misunderstandings between your parents. Although my plan was a bit different but everything still worked out. She eventually removed herself from my path on her own. Such a good friend. Now I'll remove you too. Can't leave you alive since you know my secret." Her grin was horrifying. Every word from her mouth a hint of her insanity.

"Bye." Yuna sneered and with a last amused look at the boy she thrusted the sharp object towards the exposed skin. But before it could pierce him, someone caught her hand in place. A tight grip restricting her limb from moving any further.

Horrified on being caught she immediately snapped her head towards the new presense and to her surprise found Hantae standing there. His eyes were blood red as he glared at her. The anger quite evident from his shaking vessel.

"Han........."

Smack!

Her mouth froze up and so did her body. The man she loved had slapped her. He had hurt her for that boy. Again.

"I can e....explain." She stuttered, trying her very best to hold onto her fuming husband.

Hantae though was not interested. He held her arm tightly and roughly pulled her towards the door. Once there he pushed the woman outside, his chest heaving up and down with all the anger he felt.

"You really thought that we'll leave him alone after everything? Such a stupid person you are Mrs. Kim."

Startled by the voice, Yuna looked up and saw the once empty corridor all occupied. Jungkook, Yoongi, Namjoon and Hosoek were standing there. Taehyung had never been alone. These people had never even left the hospital premises in the first place.