29.

Jungkook slowly closed the door behind him and leaned against it, sighing out from all the tiredness that day had brought upon them

Jungkook slowly closed the door behind him and leaned against it, sighing out from all the tiredness that day had brought upon them. After about a minute of breathing in and out to calm himself down he made his way downstairs where his hyungs were already waiting for him to come back.

"Here! Have some warm milk. It will help you relax." Jimin slid a tumblur filled up with the white liquid in his direction, a comforting smile adorning his face throughout. "Thank you hyung. I really need some peace right now." He mumbled, taking a footstool next to Jin behind the kitchen island.

"Was he able to fall asleep?" Jin worriedly enquired.

"Hmm. The doctor had given me a sleeping pill for tonight. I fed him that so he did fall asleep easily."

"That's a relief. I was worried that he'll still be shaken up by everything. It was a terrifying day for him and us." Namjoon said and patted Jungkook's back supportingly. A gesture for the boy to know that they were there for him.

And to Jungkook this presense meant something beyond words.

He was not going to deny the fact that the accident today had almost turned him insane. It not only brought back memories from the worst day of his life but also made him feel the fear of losing someone so special to him.

He was conflicted. He was scared but he was also determined to not repeat his past mistakes. The ravenette was not just going to keep his fears to himself and suffer when he also had Taehyung to look after. He was going to face his worries and become a safe place for his husband who needed him the most right now.

"I was scared." He started. "I thought I would go crazy but luck was on our side today. My entire life flashed before my eyes when I saw that thing almost hitting Tae. I.......I can't lose him."

"You won't." Yoongi affirmed. "I'll make sure to find out the person behind this incident. I'm not leaving this shit alone till I get my hands on the culprit. You should focus on Tae and leave the rest to me."

"Yoon!" Jimin exclaimed. "Don't put ideas in his head. What if it was just an old prop or rusty equipment error? We can't really do anything about accidents. Anyone could have been in Tae's place so don't give him more stress."

"I know babe. I wouldn't have felt this way if it was an accident but I am sure that it wasn't. Don't you guys remember that I was in the police for five years before getting this stupid shoulder injury and retiring?"

Jungkook gulped. His eyes going wide at the surety in that statement.

"Guys don't look at me like this. You didn't notice anything at all." Yoongi was literally riling up. The way everyone appeared to be taken off-guard made him realise how clueless they were about the situation.

"No. No we didn't. Mind to explain us a little bit of your ex policeman theory." Namjoon gestured the other to keep explaining.

"I know for sure that all this was deliberate. First of all the lights started falling only when Taehyung was alone. There were two parts of the stage. One the broader back and then the narrow runway. Where did the lights fall? The narrow part, with no place to run left or right.