23.

"Honey! What happened? How? Where is he?" Hantae ran inside worriedly

"Honey! What happened? How? Where is he?" Hantae ran inside worriedly. His breathing unsteady and his eyes unfocused. "Han!" Bomin cried. She got up from the chair she was sitting on and walked hastily towards him. The moment their bodies collided, the woman started crying loudly.

"I'm such a b....ad m...other. I'm use...useless. How could I have l...left him alone like this? I shouldn't have t...taken up those pr...projects." Her loud wailings tugged at his heart strings. Pain and guilt surging through his veins just like his partner.

Hantae hugged his wife as securely as possible. His gaze though was fixed on the little boy lying on the bed. An IV was attached to his arm and he looked very pale. The kid was just five for god's sake! He didn't deserve all this pain.

"You need to calm down honey. Taehyung needs us right now. Don't let your guilt make you weak." He tried to coax her. "Tell me. What happened to our son?"

"He passed out. The doctor said that he hasn't been eating and drinking well and was dehydrated. There was no one here Han. The babysitter was gone and when I went to his room he was lying near the window. I was so scared to see my baby like that. He wasn't responding at all. I'm such a bad mother for ignoring him."

"No! You aren't. You prepare food for him every morning before leaving, check on him after coming back from work even if it's already midnight and you're dead tired. You make sure to keep yourself updated with his school work and activities despite all the runways and shoots you have to prepare for. If anything I'm the bad father here. I should have selected the babysitter after more research. I'm really sorry."

"It's still not enough. We have to give him more care and attention Han. Our little baby doesn't deserve all this." Bomin had a determined look in her eyes. She was aware that they made a huge mistake this time and she was ready to do anything in order to make it right.

"I'll do whatever you say." Hantae proclaimed while kissing her forehead lovingly. With this new resolve in mind the couple then made their way towards their little bundle of joy and sat down next to him on either side. "Eomma....Appa....." And soon enough to their utmost relief they heard a faint whisper from the boy.

"Tae! Yes baby. Eomma and Appa are here." Bomin whispered and pecked his plump cheeks multiple times. Hantae could feel his heart explode with the emotions he felt. "Are you in pain?" He softly inquired whilst caressing the little hand in his palms.

"No Appa." Taehyung shook his head. A faint lazy grin adorned his lips. The gesture enough for the elders to smile too. "I'm solly. I did not finish my veggies because I don't like that ajhumma. She scolds me."

"Appa is going to make sure that no one scolds Taehyung again. Okay." Hantae ruffled his hair. "We are sorry bun. We promise that we'll stay with you more from today and once you get all better, we will take you to Disneyland."