13.

Appearances can be deceptive and so do smiles

Appearances can be deceptive and so do smiles. Everything we see around us is just ten percent of the iceberg. There is more to things and people than what they show. Each one has a history that made them into their current self, an image of what their life has been through it all.

It's strange how people with the brightest smiles are often hiding the darkest truths. It's sad to see someone loving others while craving for the same to return back to them hopelessly. But then again when has the world ever stopped itself from creating these masks. People would rather prefer to see a fake smile that suits them than some genuine tears that might not be to their liking.

It's disheartening, yes! But it's the truth afterall.

Jungkook too had been a victim to it. He knew very well how it felt to be looked down upon for being yourself. He knew how the cruelty of this world led you to build a mask for yourself. A mask created to their liking. A mask to hide your true self from their judgmental eyes.

He had been using this very mask for some time now until a certain someone entered his life and looked right through it. Taehyung figuring out that his smiles were fake was truly surprising for him but presently he knew how that was possible. He had figured out the reason behind his husband's intuitive eyes and somehow he was not very fond of it.

The ravenette hated how just a single mention of that fateful incident had sucked out the light from the blonde. Throughout the confessions and dinner Taehyung had been smiling but Jungkook knew how made up it was. He could feel his heart hurting when those blue and brown eyes didn't shine like the way they do when Taehyung does something strange and mischievous.

The thought itself was enough for him to breathe heavily and sit upright. Worriedly he glanced towards the other side of the bed and sighed when he found it empty. Taehyung was not there beside him. It had been around an hour now.

The two of them had slept together after returning from the village but when Jungkook woke up in the middle of the night he didn't find Taehyung in the room. Since then he had been waiting for the older to return back patiently but now his so called patience was running thin.

"I should look for him. Why is he not coming back?" He whispered to himself and then stood up. Taking some quick strides towards the door he made his way into the living area. "Taehyung!" He called out for the boy but there was no response. A sudden dread taking over him at once.

"Taehyung! Where are you?" He went into the small kitchen but sadly there was no one in there too. "Taehyung! Answer back! Will you? I'm worried now." He went around looking at the spare rooms and when he found them all empty he dashed outside into the porch.

"Taeh......." His words died down. His ragged breathing coming back to normal when he finally saw the blonde mop of hair. "Why weren't you answering me? I've been searching for you like a mad man." Jungkook angrily questioned, his feet taking him towards the said person.