17.

Taehyung sat on the bed leaning against the headboard feeling completely defeated

Taehyung sat on the bed leaning against the headboard feeling completely defeated. The fact that his father never understood him pained his heart and soul in ways unexplainable. The morning felt gloomy to him and so did the chirping birds. Nothing felt warm.

More so because the person who had stayed beside him throughout the night was nowhere in sight. He could hear the sound of the shower running, it being enough to tell him that the raven head was getting ready for the day. Of course nobody would leave their plans aside to stay with his extra self.

His wish to spend the day with the raven head didn't matter at all.

To someone his wishes might just be a chance to seek attention but he knew exactly how he felt. Miserable was not enough to describe his feelings. A father is suppose to protect you right? Then why did his appa do the complete opposite.

He would be lying if he said that yesterday's incident didn't humiliate him. He did feel his heart crushing with the way his father so casually bad mouthed him in front of his in-laws. He barely knew them. A month is not enough to know so many people properly and get comfortable with everyone but the old man didn't care about that at all.

For a child a father is their first hero and that stays the same for almost all their life. Although sometimes that same man himself decides to abandon the one he had promised to protect. What is the child suppose to do then? How are they expected to handle an attack from their supposed hero?

The thought itself was enough for the blue and brown eyes to water up. If only I could actually be as unbothered as I show him to be. Taehyung thought to himself sighing heavily. He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't hear anything except for the voices in his head. A scene that the ebony orbs found unsettling.

"Tae."

Startled after hearing his name, the blonde at once sat upright. He looked at the ravenette standing near the bathroom door and sighed. "Oh! You're done getting ready?" He asked, not wishing to show that he was in a bad mood today. "Hmm. I'm done." Jungkook nodded. "By the way, how do I lo..look?"

"Handsome! Like alw........." The boy stilled. His eyes wide when he finally registered why Jungkook was suddenly asking him that question. He got off the bed and ran towards the male. "You look......" He whispered peering at the younger with teary eyes. "...amazing."

"Thank you." Jungkook muttered shyly. His cheeks red and his fists a little clenched to his sides. "I've worn a shirt for the first time after the accident. Is it okay or should I change back?"

"NO!" Taehyung gushed out. "You look amazing and I think you should keep wearing it. Although you don't have to force yourself Jeon. We can take this slowly. You don't have to prove anything to anyone. That includes me as well."

The ravenette smiled. The concern on that beautiful face made his heart flutter in a way he never thought would happen. "I'm doing his for myself Tae. I thought about it during the entire flight and if I don't start today then I wouldn't be able to do it ever. I'm ready for anything. I'll heal myself and become a better man."