Chapter 8 - Breakthrough

They had a sumptuous dinner that night, including sweet and sour pork loin, soybean and pig's trotters soup, Dongpo pork, cold shredded shredded vegetables, and seasonal vegetables. The first three dishes were all mentioned to Zhang Nian by Zhang Yang on the phone not long ago. I didn't expect him to still remember.

  There is no rule in the Zhang family that they should eat and sleep without talking, but usually if it is just Zhang Nian and Mr. Zhang, it will only take three to five minutes. The dinner table will be swept by the wind and the remaining clouds, without much communication, and it will be over quickly.

  But it's different now. There's Zhang Yang in the family.

  Zhangyang is used to chewing slowly and carefully. She doesn't eat quickly, and even her chewing movements look delicate and elegant.

  The father and son of the Zhang family naturally matched her speed.

  The phone in the living room rang at this time, and Zhang Nian took the initiative to answer it. Suddenly, only Zhang Yang and Mr. Zhang were left at the dinner table.

  There were tendons in the soybean and pig's trotter soup. Mr. Zhang carefully fished it out, and then looked at Zhang Yang with a somewhat tentative look.

  He wanted to serve Zhangyang food, but he hesitated and didn't know how to start.

  I haven't seen my daughter for more than ten years, and Xiaotuanzi seems to have grown up all of a sudden. Nowadays, the young girl in her early twenties has some traces of his ex-wife in her eyes and eyebrows, and she is even more elegant than her ex-wife. Her face is bright and white, and she is obviously good-looking, but she feels alienated and deserted. It's not easy to get close.

  Of course he is not afraid of Zhangyang, but he is afraid that Zhangyang will dislike him.

  However, Zhang Yang smiled gently at this time and took the initiative to hand over his small bowl, "Thank you, Dad." When she smiled, the expression on her face suddenly became vivid, and her already delicate little face became a little brighter. The girl is delicate and pretty, and she shows it naturally.

  There was an obvious smile in Mr. Zhang's eyes, but he had never done anything like picking up food for others in so many years, so his movements were inevitably a bit clumsy, but he was working very hard, and he was also working very hard to make himself look majestic. The face looks gentle and approachable.

  "If you like it, eat more. If you don't like it, just give it to me." He doesn't mind eating his daughter's leftovers.

  At this time, Zhang Nian called her from the other side of the sofa, "Sister, your phone number."

  Zhangyang was surprised, put down his chopsticks and walked over.

  Although she returned to China for a week, she spent this week recovering from her injuries at home and did not go anywhere. After picking up the phone, Zhangyang raised his eyebrows when he heard the voice of the person on the other end.

  It was Ning Xiusi again, who had not given up trying to persuade her to go take a look at the newspaper office building.

  Zhangyang listened to the other party's conversation on the other end of the phone. After pondering for a moment, he said, "I'll think about it and get back to you tomorrow." Ning Xiusi was worried that she would let him go again, so he said perfunctory words and couldn't help but add: "Okay, if you don't contact me tomorrow, I'll contact you again."

  When Zhangyang returned to the dinner table, both the Zhang family and his son looked at her with bright eyes.

  Zhang Yang took the initiative and said, "I'm a reporter from the newspaper. Because of the human trafficking case, I thought..." When Zhang Yang said this, she suddenly felt something was wrong. She seemed to have only told Zhang Nian that she had met him. The trafficker, the latter was afraid that he had been injured in the dispute with the trafficker, so they did not talk about it again later.

  But now she mentioned it again accidentally, and this serious case has been solved by the police recently and has been reported in various newspapers. People in the family may be able to guess her connection with the case without deliberately making connections.