Chapter 24 - 'Being bullied?'

Zhou Wei has been working in the newspaper for two years and knows many people in this circle. He knew that the editor-in-chief wanted to take Zhang Yang to recognize people tonight. After entering the door, he went to find himself Say hello to acquaintances.

  Zhangyang followed Zhang Deming and was led to say hello to others.

  Capital Evening News has not developed well in the past two years, but it is still a newspaper with some qualifications. In addition, Zhang Deming has been in this industry for a long time, and almost everyone present knows him.

  Everyone was trying to show Zhang Deming's face, and when they saw a green little girl accompanying Zhang Deming, everyone was very friendly.

  Zhang Deming had already had a premonition before he brought Zhang Yang out. The new girl from their newspaper office was probably familiar with this kind of scene. He didn't expect that Zhang Yang's situation was better than he expected.

  Zhangyang is beautiful, the kind of beauty that can be seen in a crowd and cannot be taken away. She is gentle and polite, and can chat politely with anyone. She is knowledgeable and seems to be able to pick up the topic no matter what the subject is, so that she will not be embarrassed by the silence. She is responsible for the content of page B of the newspaper, but she is also well aware of major international and domestic news. You can tell that Zhang Yang is working hard on this.

  Zhang Deming soon discovered that even if he didn't bring Zhang Yang with him tonight, the other party would probably be able to handle such an occasion with ease.

  After the round of greetings ended, Zhang Deming smiled and clinked glasses with Zhang Yang, "I underestimated you." He said with a smile.

  Zhangyang pursed her lips and smiled. She was a little surprised that the newspaper guild exchange meeting looked so Western-style.

  Zhang Deming heard her words and explained: "Studying abroad is hot recently, and everyone has to move closer to the trend. The guild is no exception. You have lived abroad before, are you used to this kind of situation?" Zhang Yang nodded and said In her opinion, this kind of exchange meeting is not much different from a party held by friends.

  It's just that the content and atmosphere are a little different.

  Zhangyang recognized the person, and Zhang Deming left her alone at the meeting.

  In fact, Zhang Yang was not interested in any banquet under any name. She was a little hungry, and her feet hurt from standing for too long, so she simply sat behind the long table, holding a piece of honeycomb cake to fill her stomach like a little hamster.

  Before a piece of cake was finished, Zhangyang heard someone talking and walking towards her corner.

  "Hey, isn't this Zhou Wei? I heard that your newspaper has a new lesbian. She was airborne and was hired by Lao Zhang himself. It seems that even if Lao Zhang doesn't leave the editor-in-chief position to Ning Xiusi, It's not your turn, right?"

  Zhangyang was not interested in listening to other people's quarrels, but when she heard her colleague's name, she couldn't help but raise her eyelids. She didn't recognize the man opposite Zhou Wei.

  She was very small, and she sat just behind a load-bearing pillar, so almost no one could see her.

  Zhou Wei actually expected to meet Chen Hongxing at the exchange meeting tonight, but what he didn't expect was that Cai Li also came.

  Zhou Wei looked at the woman standing next to Chen Hongxing. She was wearing a pink suit and skirt tonight. She had a fashionable Hong Kong-style haircut and crimson lips. She looked no different from a girl in a big city.

  This was her dream, Zhou Wei thought, and she had already achieved it.

  Withdrawing his attention, Zhou Wei looked at Chen Hongxing, "Whoever Editor-in-Chief Zhang appoints in the end is an internal matter of our newspaper, so I won't bother you, an outsider, to worry about it." He glanced at Cai Li, originally thinking that Feng Qingyun Dan A little, but after so many years of relationships, Zhou Wei admitted that he was not a person who could take things up or let them go. His eyes were sarcastic and his tone was thorny: "I haven't congratulated you Miss Cai yet. You got what you wished for." Cai Li wholeheartedly If you want to live in a real big city, and now you can find a native Beijinger like Chen Hongxing, isn't that already the most important goal in your life?

  Cai Li felt a little guilty when she saw Zhou Wei. But when she heard these stinging words, the little guilt disappeared immediately.

  She lowered her voice: "You don't need to stab me like this, Zhou Wei."

  Zhou Wei was silent.

  Chen Hongxing couldn't stand it anymore and stretched out his hand to pinch the waist of the person he was holding. Cai Li may still feel a little guilty about Zhou Wei, but he doesn't.

  "It's a bit unkind of you to talk like that, Zhou Wei." Chen Hongxing said: "When people go to high places, water flows to low places. You are thinking about climbing up to become the editor-in-chief of a newspaper. Lili just chose to treat her." What's wrong with asking for a better life? I can give you what you can't give. If you can't even take care of your own woman, what kind of man are you?" I don't know if these words touched Zhou Wei's heart, but he rarely refuted it. 

  At this time, Zhangyang, who was sitting behind the load-bearing column, thought of what Ning Xiusi had said to him in the boiling water room. The quarrel between Chen Hongxing and Zhou Wei was not entirely because the former changed jobs at the newspaper when it was most difficult, but because Chen Hongxing stole Zhou Wei's girlfriend.

  "...In fact, everyone in the newspaper office knows this. When Zhou Wei was transferred to our Capital Evening News, it was actually because his girlfriend was studying in college in Beijing. He was already the top leader of the newspaper office in their own county, but in order to take care of My girlfriend came to the capital."

  People without connections who come to such a big city almost always start from scratch.

  This is what Ning Xiu Si admires about him. Anyway, if it were him, he might not have Zhou Wei's determination.

  "But his girlfriend is indeed pretty, but she has a high spirit." Ning Xiusi said in the mist-filled boiling water room. He didn't like talking about people behind their backs. This was not because Zhangyang was going to attend some exchange meeting, you can't just let people pass by with a black eye.