Chapter 9 - That Face was Unforgettable

Teacher Zhang and Zhang Nian had gotten up early. They had even gone out for morning exercise and returned. However, the father and son had a tacit understanding. They waited for Zhangyang to sleep until she woke up naturally, and then the family sat at the dining table. Come on, let's eat together.

  Not only Zhang Nian, but also Teacher Zhang had been looking forward to this situation for many years.

  During breakfast, Zhang Yang felt a gaze beside her falling on her repeatedly. She put down the small spoon in her hand, turned to look at her father, and asked, "Dad, do you have something to say to me?" Zhang The teacher's face was a little tangled. He had indeed promised Zhangyang last night that he would go to Ji's house to break off the engagement today, but after a night of careful consideration, another question appeared in his head. This issue made him toss and turn even more anxious than going to Ji's house to break off the engagement.

  "Xia Xia..." Mr. Zhang was embarrassed and didn't know how to speak. Xia Xia was Zhang Yang's nickname and she was born in the summer solstice.

  Zhangyang looked at Mr. Zhang.

  "Well, if you don't marry a boy from the Ji family, what plans do you have in the future? Are you going to check out that newspaper office?" Mr. Zhang actually wanted to ask Zhang Yang if she would stay. After all, when Zhangyang said she wanted to come back, she never said she would settle in the country and never leave again.

  Teacher Zhang had not considered this issue before because he thought that Zhangyang was going to marry Ji Xingzhi anyway. Once you get married, of course you have to stay, and you can't leave again. But now that he is taking his daughter to break off the engagement, does that mean the daughter has no excuse to stay?

  Thinking that his daughter might leave again, Mr. Zhang couldn't sleep well all night last night.

  Zhangyang turned his head and looked into Teacher Zhang's worried eyes, and he immediately understood what he was worried about.

  In fact, before seeing her father last night, she was still a little unsettled, but now...

  She has no feelings for a foreign country without a mother. Even though she has lived for more than ten years, she still cannot feel the warmth of her homeland.

  Zhangyang smiled lightly, "Well, I'm going to go take a look and find a job. Otherwise, will dad support me?"

  As soon as these words came out, there was a short silence at the dinner table, and then both Mr. Zhang and Zhang Nian laughed out loud.

  Teacher Zhang's good mood almost appeared on his face without hiding it at all.

  "Okay, okay." He said three good words in a row. Although he was always too strict when educating the only male in the family, when it came to Zhangyang, it was completely different. "Why can't I support you? I can support you for the rest of my life." Teacher Zhang said.

  When he said this, he was still very excited. He took a big gulp of the porridge in front of him, hiding his slightly red eyes at this time.

  As long as the daughter is willing to stay and recognize him as her father, what does it mean to raise her daughter for the rest of her life? He owed her a lot.

  After dinner, Zhangyang went upstairs to change clothes.

  Her clothes are mainly cheongsams, and all kinds of handmade cheongsams were collected by her mother from all over the world and given to her over the years.

  Today I am going to Ji's house. To show my respect, Zhangyang chose a moon-white silk Hualuo cheongsam. From the waist to the skirt, there is a clump of crabapple flowers. The light pink color only occupies a small part, but this is a magical touch. , which adds a bit of girlish charm to this dignified-looking cheongsam, which is elegant and smart.

  Zhangyang didn't tie her hair up when she was at home, but she couldn't be too casual when going out today. She used a hairpin with a glass jade pendant to tie her hair into a low bun, and her crow-feather-like hair was meticulously and gently tied up. The jade-polished Begonia pendant hung faintly on her snow-white neck. When I walked, I was swaying and looking forward to my posture.

  It took Zhangyang a while to clean up. Zhang Nian and Master Zhang had nothing to change. They had already been sitting on the sofa in military uniforms, waiting for Zhangyang.

  When Zhangyang came down from the stairs, the two of them looked up at the same time, with a flash of surprise in their eyes.

  Teacher Zhang nodded with satisfaction. His daughter looked beautiful no matter what. He was not someone who liked to compare, but at this moment, he couldn't help but feel that his girl was more beautiful than the other girls in the compound.

  Zhang Nian felt the same way, but he added, how could such a Zhangyang be worthy of a rough barbarian like Ji Xingzhi?

  Zhangyang's feet were fine and she put on her favorite pointed-toe high-heeled shoes. The thin and elegant ankles were highlighted, making them extremely skinny.

  After Mr. Zhang figured it out last night, he had already called the Ji family in advance. Yesterday, he and Lao Ji's car entered the compound one after another, and he also knew that Ji Xingzhi was at home today. It just so happens that while the juniors are all around, let's open the skylight and speak openly and explain the marriage clearly, so that no one will have any knots in their hearts.

  This was the first time Zhangyang appeared in the compound. When she came back earlier, Zhang Nian saw that she was injured and took her directly from the car into the house, fearing that others would take another look.

  On weekend mornings, the courtyard was quite lively. The young people had an appointment to play basketball and walked in twos and threes towards the basketball court with a cement floor. Many of the parents had just bought fresh ingredients from the vegetable market and returned home.

  When Zhang Yang walked out with Teacher Zhang on his arm, she immediately attracted the attention of passers-by.

  How famous is Master Zhang's reputation in the compound? What's more important is that now in the compound, many young people are his soldiers. When they see the division commander, they always stop to say hello.

  At this time, the person greeting could not help but look towards Zhangyang, who was holding Master Zhang's arm.

  For example, Master Zhang's biological son is not treated like a son. Who is more powerful than Zhang Nian and can hold Master Zhang's arm? And judging from the situation in front of him, Mr. Zhang, who was holding his arm, actually had a smile on his face.

  This is simply a rarity.

  Zhang Nian followed beside him and explained: "This is my sister, who recently returned to China."

  Everyone suddenly realized that they remembered that Zhang Nian had indeed said some time ago that his twin sister would come back soon. It turned out that she was the one in front of them.

  Zhangyang has not been back for many years, and almost no one knows her.

  But Zhang Nian thought that after today, no one would not know his sister.

  "I thought people who came back from studying abroad would be like the girl at Yu Yu's house. They are all wearing brand names and fashionable suits. I didn't expect that there are some people wearing cheongsams. Gee, this kind of old thing is quite beautiful."