Chapter 18-Photo shoot

When we got to there I sat beside Gouenji out of habit. I mean at the college I will be sitting beside Gouenji always with Aram on Gouenji's other side. Initially I used to sit in the middle of them but somehow after sometime Gouenji started sitting in the middle chair leaving me to sit beside him. If you ask me why I have to sit in the seat he left me remember I am the one who brings lunch for both of us resulting in me arriving late. G usually sits opposite to me with Robert and Kidou on her side.

So even though there is seat empty on the other side with G and Robert unlike in college where it will be occupied by Kidou, I sat beside Gouenji unconsciously. Kidou and Aram being their usual selves smirked at me. I rolled my eyes at them. They are drawing much more meaning to the situation. We ordered light breakfast and started digging as soon as it came out.

"So what are the plans for these two days?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Today we will have a photo shoot." G said.

"It is your birthday gift."

"How is it my birthday gift?"

"Memories. That is what I am giving you. We will get to wear different costumes or just simple modern wear and get our photos taken. It will be fun."

"I will agree with you on that. It will be fun and a good memory. But you need not give me any more gifts. You already gave me plenty, though most of them are unappreciated like the birthday piece you gave yesterday and the bunch of clothes in my bag you packed discreetly." I glared at her.

She smiled sheepishly at me. "The idea for this photo shoot is mine but Aram is the one responsible for the studio and all the arrangements. He is paying for all of it."

"You shouldn't have Aram. I bet it costs you a fortune."

"That is nothing for the rich boy here." He joked. "Actually I am planning to expand our business on that side along with hotels, so it would be good to know for me. Hence I volunteered even though Kidou and Gouenji wanted to do it."

"Oh! So that is not for me?" I fake pouted at him.

"Of course you are the main reason. What can be more important than you?" He asked over dramatically. We all laughed at his childishness.

"That's it for today. I bet we would all be tired for today after all the changing so we didn't plan anything. We will go and have a fancy dinner at night at a good hotel Gouenji reserved. If we feel still full of energy after the photo shoot then we can think of something. Moreover photo shoot will take most of the day."

"It's reasonable."

"Tomorrow we will go around the town organised by me." Kidou said. "Suggestion are open, if you don't have anything I will take where ever I think is fun."

"Why do I feel like this trip is more like to celebrate my birthday rather than have a trip together since I am the only one who is not part of the planning?"

"Well, that is what Gouenji planned." G said wriggling her eyebrows suggestively. I looked at him questioningly. After what G, Kidou and Aram said though I don't want to somewhere I began to doubt if he really likes me. Is it true? Is it okay for to me to think so? What is he feeling?

"Don't think highly about yourself. Not everything is for you." He said sharply and curtly as usual with his poker face and a glare at me. Everything is as usual about him but with me something is wrong. His usual words hurt me. I felt very hurt. I nodded at him and turned my head low and ate my breakfast in silence. Tears threatened to break but I kept them at bay. Entire table was filled with awkward silence.

What is wrong with me? Gouenji is being his usual arrogant self but then why am I hurt at his words. In fact he wasn't even that rude to me. May be it is because I am expecting something from him. Everyone including his dad felt that there is something brewing between us so even though I know the truth and rejected their idea somewhere deep inside I felt that would be good so that's why this happened. I can't let this happen. I have to be my usual self. I swear no matter what others say about us, I will never let it get to me since I know the truth and the truth is he hates me and we don't have a chance together.