Chapter 72-Opening Up

Cover credits goes to @dream-1297!Thank you so much! This is a very cute cover!

**********************************************************************************

I reached home in about twenty minutes and parking the car in the garage I moved towards the house door. There was figure standing there making me stop in my tracks. Who could be standing outside now in such cold weather and he looks lightly dresses. Wait! Isn't that...

"Gouenji!"

I called out to him. I am sure that is Gouenji but he didn't respond when I called him. He looked as if he is in some kind of daze. What happened? Why is he waiting outside? Did something happen? I ran to him immediately afraid what I might have to face now.

"Gouenji!" I called out to him this time facing him directly very much worried. His eyes landed on me but somehow he wasn't like usual.

"Astrea." He called me in a low voice.

"Yeah." I nodded not knowing what to say.

"You are here." He replied touching my cheek as if I would disappear any moment. I shivered immediately when his hand touched my cheek because he was as cold as ice.

"Yes I am. I am here." I just parroted greatly confused. With that he hugged me to him tightly and buried his face in the crook of my neck.

"What happened?" I asked him panicking. Why is he like this? Is everyone okay? What is going on?

"Let's go inside first." I said trying to move but he refused to budge and his grip on me tightened. "Please Gouenji! Let's go inside first." I pleaded with him. "You are freezing." He loosed his hold on me and I immediately moved holding his hand and took him inside.

As soon as I entered I saw that everyone in our home sat worriedly in the hall. Kidou, Fidio, G, Lillian and Richard with Dannon in his lap are all waiting impatiently. The atmosphere is heavy with tension. I suddenly doubted if they knew about Aram's condition and are waiting impatiently to know about his condition.

"What happened?" I asked them attracting their attention. They looked up at my voice and their eyes diverted to Gouenji behind me who is still lifeless. They immediately surrounded me and asked me what happened in return.

"Why are you asking me that? I returned to find him almost frozen outside and you all are asking me what happened?" This baffled me further

"We don't know Destiny." Kidou answered. "By the time we woke up he was outside at the door with that worried face and wasn't responding to anyone."

"You should have at least convinced him to get inside. It is freezing out there." The least they could is get him in right?

"He wouldn't budge." I could imagine that somehow.

"Let's talk about it tomorrow. It's late already you all go to bed, I will take care of him." They hesitated initially but finally gave up. When Richard was about to go away Dannon made a fuss. I wasn't with him at all today and when he gets the chance to see me he was being taken away immediately but I can't help it today. But he is getting a little better compared to when he wouldn't leave me I guess.