Chapter 34-Past

"So," Richard started when I was at home. I am playing with Dannon in the living room and Gouenji is nowhere to be found. He went somewhere angrily immediately after we came. I mean his face ever stoic but his eyes blazing with fire. I looked at him in question.

"You and Aram?"

His network is very fast, it is not even a day since this fuss started. How can he know about it that quick? I mean we just came home from all that drama and neither Kidou nor Gouenji said anything about it but here he is asking about that. Is he having some spies around me? I should carefully observe my surroundings and find out about it. I just kept quiet giving him an is it so look. Let us see how he will respond.

"I know you don't love him."

Why does everyone say that? If you ask me he is a very eligible person to love. He is a good person with a kind heart. What's more needed? It's just that..hang on! I don't love him, why? Of course it is better not to love him because he already has crush on someone else and I know that, hmm that could be the reason. I know he loves her and that's why I didn't love him. May be. But how does all these people know that I don't love him. Am I going around with a sign board saying 'I don't love him'?

"Why do you think so?" I asked him directly. After all I do love him like a brother and friend. He is worthy of anyone's love.

"He is a good person I know but you don't love him. I know."

"What do you want to ask then? You have formulated your own idea and doesn't need my conformation."

"I want to know why you are doing this."

"Huh?"

"Is it to make Gouenji jealous or are you trying to be with Aram even though you know that you don't love him. Are you trying to make yourself believe that you love him? Believe me that doesn't work. Don't force yourself."

Looking in his direction I only saw pure concern for my well being. I couldn't lie to him or keep quiet about it.

"I am not doing this to make anyone jealous nor am I trying to be with him."

"Then why are you with him?"

"Who said I am with him?"

"You didn't object when I hinted that you were together."

"I neither agreed."

"You young lady, are playing a very dangerous game. Don't form a love triangle around you."

"I didn't think you would believe in people's gossip. That's surprising Mr.Shuuya."

"It's not that I believe in them. I am afraid what would be a simple matter would be complicated by your actions."

"I understand your point. But he doesn't love me. He just needed my help to reject someone without hurting them."

"And you agreed to help by acting as his girlfriend. That doesn't sound like you."

"Circumstances made me."

"And those circumstances are?"

"You will know one day in the future."

He stayed silent without further probing the matter.

"How do you know that I don't love him? What made you think that I might complicate simple things?"

"I passed your stage. I know things since I have experience. I was afraid you would make the same mistake I did and spoil your otherwise golden life."

"If you don't mind me asking what mistake did you make?" I asked slowly not knowing if I should be asking that question.

"Gouenji's mother." I sat upright at this. Gouenji's mother is the one responsible for his hatred towards women. What happened actually? What did his mother do to make him like this?