Chapter 52-Tit for Tat

"You lied." Gouenji said calmly and all I could think was silence before the storm. "You lied to us! He said again cornering me to the book shelf. "I believed you. We all believed you and trusted you. We thought you were our true friend and you did such an outrageous thing by deceiving us? You were deceiving us all this time? We thought you were one of us. Because of you we even went to the edge of bankrupt and all you did was cheat us. I hated all the females in the world but I started to trust you. I believed you were different. I believed you were not one of them. But what? You wanted to use us? You wanted my money and fame? You wanted to use me? Listen now and listen clear. I hate you! I don't want to see you again. You are nothing to me, do you understand? You are nothing! Never show your face to me ever again."

"Remember this." Gouenji came extremely near to me and whispered in my ear. It was not like the other times where he used to whisper to tease me. I really wish I didn't lie to him in that way. I want to take back everything I said. It's true I wanted him to stay away from me but his hatred, it's too much for me. I can't take the burn. It's too much for my heart. I feel like collapsing any minute. "I hate you." He whispered in my ear and that is the edge for me. I clenched my hands and bit my bottom lip to hold back the tears desperately. I don't know what to do. Things turned worst! I can't bear this anymore. My chest grew heavy and I rubbed hand as if that could soothe the pain.

"Is this what you wanted? For me to hate you and never search again for you?" Gouenji replied the next minute leaning back and regarding me with a cool attitude all the previous anger and wrath disappeared in a second. Huh? What just happened? I blinked my eyes and looked at him very, very confused. Am I missing something?

"Do you know something called 'Tit for Tat'? This is what you get for acting as if you don't know us, especially me." Huh? I blinked again confused.

"Wait! Are you saying.................. you were acting till now?" I asked very slowly afraid that he might snap any moment now. If you forgot I am still on the verge of crying, so very sensitive.

"Then what? Did you seriously think that I believe your crappy lie? Just think back. What kind of lousy lie is that? Do you account me as an idiot to believe that crap? I mean who will believe that? You were trying to use us? You are a thousand years too early to deceive me. If you really wanted money you could have taken up Steven's offer, not get a bloody bullet in your shoulder and still let him be free. And seduce me? You blush bright red when I so much as come near you."

"Hey! I never did!"

"Yeah, yeah whatever helps you sleep at night." He dismissed it as if it is nothing.

"But you said if it is me you will get seduced." I pouted. Yup! I am bipolar!I am on the edge of crying and the next minute I am pouting! Sue Gouenji for that! He is responsible for my emotional roller coaster!

"Yeah, I will if it is you, but that's because you can't seduce someone even if someone points a gun at you." He replied pulling me to him and his hands went to my waist.

"What does that mean?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him. My hands automatically went to his neck and when I noticed what I am doing I tried to pull back but Gouenji tightened his arms around me.

"Don't even try." He warned. Being in his arms feels foreign but at the same time very much like home. Like this is where I belong and my permanent place. Arms which comforted me many times and gave me strength when needed.

"What if what I told you was the truth?" I asked though I didn't want to. It's like I am stepping on a land mine knowing very well what it is.

"Do you really want to ask that question? If you insist on lying be careful. Robert gifted me a pen version of truth machine when our game 'The Battle' was a success. I have it with me now and I will use it on you." He warned me very serious! Damn Robert! Remind me to kill him next time! I should ask the Government to ban making of truth machine or may be only use it for police inquiries and the likes of it.