Chapter 23-Daniel

I am finally alone in this hospital room. Yesterday my mom returned an hour later with a box for everyone. I don't know how Gouenji managed but they never said anything about the box but I was glad since I wasn't the only who should suffer. She bought one for each so I won't be suffering alone. Insert evil laugh here. Ha, ha. Or else everyone left me alone to suffer. Karma is a bitch and it bites you in the back. Everyone swallowed their foods with difficulty but I found mine was extra bitter since they included head medicine for head healing and such, traditional medicines to be precise.

Gouenji took my parents home to sleep at his house despite their protests to sleep at my little apartment. According to him my apartment is too little for them. It is little but I don't think it would be a problem for a few days but it is for him, after all he is rich and he couldn't even imagine it. Not sounding bitchy here or trying to make him sound arrogant! Just stating the truth.

My mom was on clouds about him. As per what she said he was with me all the time I was unconscious. When they informed my parents about the accident he arranged his private jet for them to come here. By the time they were here, Gouenji was with me inside the V.I.P room they got for me, which doesn't seem like a hospital room at all to me seeing all the facilities it has. He was holding my hand and looked very worried as per my mom. She could exaggerate sometimes, who am I kidding most of the times. He told them my health details, assured them of my safety and sent them to his home asking them to rest because of jetlag. He told them that he would stay with me and inform them as soon as I woke up. I have to praise him since it is very difficult to convince my mom, especially when it involves her only daughter.

I guess my mom was so impressed with him that she decided he was going to be his son-in-law(again my mom's words, not mine). What's even more surprising is that my father never passed a comment about it. Neither supporting nor rejecting that means he is also considering. Yes, woe is me! I am doomed. I really hope she doesn't drop any subtle hints to him which wouldn't be subtle at all. I don't know if it is just me but those subtle hints are very obvious to me. If even I can figure it out, then why not him who is more than a thousand times intelligent than me?

He didn't show any signs of detecting such behavior. What's even more fascinating is that he was very charming to my parents. I mean he is still very stoic but his attitude is different to them. Polite, respectful and charming. If I was a parent I would definitely wish he would be my son-in-law so no wonder my mom is so. She is already gullible and now add the charming Gouenji in the equation and you have the obvious result.... Don't worry ma, your daughter is very sensible she will withhold your honor on your behalf!

They have college today but they wanted to stay with me. I threw them all out of my room, not literally but insisted that they leave for college. I sent my mom and dad out too since they were clearly tired. I asked them to go rest and prepare something for me. Yeah, I know but if I didn't ask her to prepare something she would never leave so I had to use that, no choice.

Knock.

Who is it at this time? Don't tell me that they bunked the college and returned! They might even do it just to bunk the college. But they aren't the type to knock the door. They would just barge in. May be the doctor?

"Yes." I called out.

The door opened and the guy I saved, twice in fact, appeared. What was his name? Gouenji said something.

"Benjamin?" I asked. He gave me a blank look. Gouenji's junior I thought.

"Uh Daniel right?" Woah, huge variation to the name I said first.

He nodded and kept silent. He just kept looking at me in silence. I raised my eyebrow in question but he didn't respond.

After five minutes of dead silence I couldn't hold it in and opened my mouth.