Chapter 25-Home

I sat in my plane seat grumbling to myself. I have my favorite window seat but alas! I don't have the mood to enjoy now. That kid doesn't know the limits to teasing. I am going to be angry at him forever! Does he think he is the only one who can glare? I am going to glare at him like he glares at me. But what irritates me further is that he doesn't even care! There is no reaction from him when I glare at him. He acted like everything is peachy and dandy after the lunch hour. And our classmates they stare at us everywhere we go. Even though it was for a few hours I felt like hell!

I can't help but hope that they will forget this incident by the time the weekend holidays are over. I know what I hoped for never happened any day but still I can't help but hope for the best. I mean at least I have the freedom to imagine that they will forget everything by the time I return and can be happy in the holidays right? If only I learnt something like hypnosis! Even if I start learning now based on capability I think it will be a few more decades before I can successfully master it and also its not just a single person but the whole college that I would have to hypnotize. Ugh! Frustrating. I will be free for these holidays at least. Let us now try and forget some stupid human.

The ride was pretty uneventful with things going on normally for once. No drama! I have to deal with it when I return to college whether I accept it or not. So for once let us enjoy the peace I have now before I get thrown into hell. My only days of peace! I can't complain about it to anyone too. I mean do you expect me to tell about it to my parents? I can easily imagine what happens even if I did. I am sure my mom would also concentrate on the part that we kissed. We didn't kiss! I just landed smack on him because of my unluckiness! Why can't anyone understand this simple thing?

Enough of this! I reached my home now. All I have to do is ring the door bell now, my mom will open it then I'll go inside, do some shopping if possible, enjoy the home made meals and have a peaceful time! That's it! I have it all planned out!

Knock! Knock!

What is taking my mom this long to open the door? The door was finally opened and there stood Gouenji smirking at me. Finally they opened I thought sighing. Wait, back down the horses! Gouenji? He is standing before me? Have I gone crazy with all the mental tension I am having? May be I am just hallucinating him because I thought about him all over the flight time. That's it right? I, slowly, very slowly,tried to poke him trying to prolong the time before my forefinger can touch him all the while praying that I am hallucinating. Wait, is it really what I want? If I am indeed hallucinating then there is a high chance that I can be admitted in hospital. Either way it is dangerous! Finally my forefinger touched him. It didn't pass through him like I expected. I poked him again and again to make sure. I think he got tired of my drama hence he caught my finger in his hand.

"It's not a dream nor are you hallucinating! Welcome back home Astrea!" He smirked.

"Wha..what are you doing here?"

"Destiny!" My mom called from behind him, coming from the kitchen wiping her hands on a cloth.

"Mom? That..that.." I stumbled not knowing what to say. Why is here? My mom is not questioning me about his presence? Even if she asks me what am I going to answer? "What is he doing here?" I finally asked pointing him.

"Oh! I invited him for the holidays. He helped us and especially you a lot when you had the accident. We are very grateful to him and this is to tell him our thanks."

"When did you even invite him?"

"Three days back. I have his phone number. He gave it to us when you are in hospital for communication."

"And why wasn't I informed about this?"

"Oh! He wanted to surprise you!" My mom said beaming. Surprise my ass! Torture is more like it!