Level 28: WTF Is This? Pretty Little Liars!?

LEVEL 28: WTF IS THIS? PRETTY LITTLE LIARS?

"Come on Kaitlin. You're at the thinking tree. THINK!" I said to myself frustratingly and laid down on the grass. 

"You like Leon, but what If he doesn't like you back. Are you going to tell him that you like him? No. Yes? Maybe? UGH! What's the point coming here if it's not going to help. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO CATCH FEELINGS FOR LEON!" I groaned to myself.

You're supposed to catch flights Kaitlin, not feelings.

Stupid.

"So, you do like him?" someone said.

I looked up and gasped. He looked down to me, with his hoodie covering his blonde hair and in sweatpants. He looked paler than usual, with dark bags under his eyes.  "Charlie? What are you doing here? Are you following me?" I furrowed.

"I'm not following you." he rolled his eyes.

"Who goes to the park at 6 am?"

"Clearly you do" he chuckled. "I was doing an early morning jog" he and sat down by me. "Then I saw you by the tree. Shouting at yourself"

"I have a lot of things on my mind," I said flatly.

"Like what? Things that will make you get up and go to the park at 6, right before school. That sounds very unlike you" 

"I don't really sleep anymore, so I got up and took a walk to clear my head"

"Why don't you sleep anymore?"

"Because I keep on having- I'm sorry, am I forgetting the past few days where you said you hate me?"

"I could never hate you, Kaitlin. I love you" he smiled.

"Charlie-" I shook my head.

"Yes yes, I know. You don't love me the way I love you. I can live with that if we're still friends"

I looked at Charlie and smiled. Charlie has been a part of my life forever, I can't imagine anything without him by my side. I love him will my whole heart, just not romantically. I let my mind drift back to preschool when Charlie was just a little blonde boy with glasses. Some boy in our class was picking on him, so I threw sand in his eye.

Yes, I was very violent.

"Of course, we can still be friends. 16 years Charles, You can't get rid of me anytime soon. You're just stuck with me" I grinned and hugged him.

"I really am sorry Carebear. I didn't mean anything I said, I was just upset and being a jackass, but I need to tell you something. As much as you won't like it." He squeezed me tight.

"What is it?" I furrowed and pulled back.

"Leon. You need to stay away from him. He's-"

"Just stop right there Charlie" I sighed. "I don't want to hear it. Of course, you would try to badmouth him now"

"Kaitlin, you don't understand. Did you know that he was in-"

"Charlie. I don't want to know! So, drop it." I snapped.

"Alright fine. I'll drop it. Sorry, I don't want to cause another argument" he frowned.

"Can you just accept the fact that I like Leon? I don't know what's going to happen now and I need my best friend" I asked.

"But Kaitlin-"

"Charlie" I warned.

"Fine" he held his hands in surrender