Chapter 23

Lindsay's Point of View

"Leave me alone." I growl at whoever is pulling the covers off of me. "Baby you have to get up and eat something." Ben tells me. "Go. Away." I growl out angrily pulling the covers away from him. "I know that this week is a bad week, but we need to get you something to eat." He tells me wrapping his arms around me.  I growl at him, but snuggle into his arms. I hear him sigh and get up. Immediately I whimper from the loss of contact, hut close my eyes again. 

BOOM!!! I hear something slam and I open my eyes startled. Kyle is standing in front of me with his arms crossed. "Get up." He growls at me. I can smell his anger and annoyance. OH, so he thinks this is annoying, well screw him he isn't the one going through it. "Go away." I growl pulling the covers over my head. "You are being a brat now get the hell up before I make you." He growls his voice deeper then every before and his eyes darker red then I have ever seen. "You aren't the one going through this are you? So back the hell off." I growl sitting up fuming off anger. "You asked for it Lindsay." He growls grabbing the covers and pulling them of the bed and then grabbing me by the waist and slinging me over his shoulder. "My patience has always been thin, but it's getting thinner Lindsay so don't test me right now." "Get your dirty hands off me." I growl hitting and kicking him. "Stop it Lindsay. Your wearing out your energy." He tells me and I stop limply starting to get a headache. "KYLE!!! I shout feeling bile rise in y throat. I break out of his grasp and I run to the bushes falling on my knees and puking up the eggs from breakfast. "Kyle you see why I don't want to eat!!" I growl at him wiping my mouth. "I don't want to puke everything up thirty minutes later." I growl at him laying on the sand not wanting to get up. I feel my energy leave me now feeling my eyes close. He sighs. "BEN!!" He shouts and I hear footsteps pounding the sand. "What's wrong?" He asks worriedly. "I think its time Ben."He whispers and I hear Ben sigh. "Okay." I feel arms picking me up causing tingles to spread all over my body. I snuggle into the arms and relax letting myself fall asleep. 

"Mam'e we need you to wake up so we can check some stuff out." A lady nicely tells me shaking me slightly. I open my eyes feeling energy flow out of me like a river. I see a nurse that I haven't met before. "Ah your awake." The lady says with a smile. I scowl at her and turn around to go back to sleep. "Sorry sweetheart, but you can't do that." She tells me grabbing my shoulder and pushing me back onto my back. "Would you like Warrior Ben to come in?" She asks and I nod my head. She left for a second and she came back with Ben in tow. He smiles at me and sits in the chair next to me grabbing my hand. "Alright miss we I am going to take some blood and your blood sugar." She tells me taking out her needles. I squeeze Ben's hand really tight closing my eyes as she pokes me. "Alright i'm done you may go back to bed if you would like too." She tells me with a smile and then walks out.  Ben bends down and pecks me on the lips. "I love you Lindsay. I have always loved you. Today. Tomorrow. Forever." He whispers the last words. I smile up at him weakly. "I love you too." I tell him my voice cracking. One of the machines started beeping and I pressed the nurse help button. "How can I help you?" A lady asks. "Yes, umm we are in room 300 and the patient Lindsay has a beeping machine going off." Ben speaks into the intercom. "A nurse is coming." She says and ends the connection. "Hello? Ah, Miss, Lindsay. Let's see what we have here. You finished the bag. Alright I am going to bring some liquid to hydrate you because your looking tired and pale. You don't need another bag of this until tomorrow." She tells me with a  wink and walking out bringing back  a clear bag. "All set. Let me know if you need anything." She tells me and then walks out the door. 

I close my eyes falling asleep

I close my eyes falling asleep. "Goodnight Ben." I whisper falling asleep before I heard him reply.

"You are being released today. The nurse tells me with a smile and I manage a weak one. My energy has plummeted even worse than before. It's funny sometimes I just fall asleep out of nowhere. I feel my eyes closing. "Wake up you lazy bum." She shouts startling making me open my eyes.  "The papers will be here soon." She tells me and then leaves. Ben yawns stretching his arms out and rubs his eyes glancing at the clock. He gets up and kisses my forehead. "I have to go see Kyle for a minute. I'll be back before you are released." He tells me with a smile and walks out. My mom walks in with a  man I've never seen before. My eyes widen looking at the face I haven't seen in ten years. "Dad?" I ask and he nods walking over to me. I smile. I yawn closing my eyes. "Wake up will ya." My mom shouts at me making me open my eyes. "Sorry. I'm really tired." I yawn. Ben walks in with a new outfit and dripping wt hair. "Ben!!" My dad says with a smile on his face. "Mr. Micheal?" He asks looking at him squinting like he is going to suddenly disappear or change appearance. "The one and only." He replies back cockily. My mom hits him. "Will you stop that. It's annoying." She tells him rolling her eyes.  Ben kisses my forehead and sits down holding my hand. My dad raises his eyebrow. "Anything new?" He asks s narrowing his eyes at our hands. "Nothing much. I turned seventeen two weeks ago, found out my mate is Ben, oh and I had to do another treatment." I tell him and he frowns. "Treatment? What treatment?" His eyebrows furrow in confusion.  "Didn't mom explain this to you?" I look at her and she shakes her head. "Dad I have cancer."