Chapter 2

Xavier above

I locked myself in my room with some snacks. "Alaska?" I hear a soft soothing voice. I hum in response and then squeal unlocking the door. "Daddy!!" I shout squeezing the life out of him. "I drew something for you." I tell him and he smiles walking into my room. I grab my drawing book and open it to the last used page. "It's not that good, but here." I tell him ripping the paper out and handed it to him.

" I tell him ripping the paper out and handed it to him

 He looks at me a smile overtaking his features. "It's so beautiful Alaska." He tells me bringing me in for a hug. "Your mother and I just got back from a business trip, but we have to leave tomorrow to see the elders. In two weeks when you turn eighteen our brother will become Alpha and you will be able to shift." He tells me and I shake my head. "You and I both know that I'm not going to be able to shift like mom. I was supposed to when I turned 16. I haven't yet." I tell him and he hugs me. "Don't give up on hope." He whispers and then kisses my forehead. I nod and he smiles. "Good now I have to go pack and let the pack know some details. See you later Alaska." He tells me and then walks out the door. I sigh landing on my bed. "Finally, you locked me out of my own room ya know." Kace tells me. I gasp. "I forgot I'm sorry." I tell him apologetically. He nods. "It's fine don't worry about it. But, you two have to makeup because I am not going to be in the middle of either of you. So, work it out now." He growls at me and I growl at him. "He told you where he was going. He told you bye. And he told you that he was leaving. How do you think that made me feel?" I growl at Kace who looks at me wide eyed. I've never talked back to him like this ever. "Just go work it out Alaska please for me." Kace pleads with me. "Fine only because I love you." I tell him and walk out to Xavier's room.

"Hey Kace where's Xavier?" I ask him holding the drawing that I made for Xavier. "You don't know?" "Know what?" I ask my smile faltering a little bit. "He left. He went to Alpha training." He tells me and I drop the picture on the ground my world spinning. He left and didn't say goodbye. I feel a tear fall out of my eye and I quickly wipe it away. If he didn't think about me I'm not going to think about him. I'm going to forget him and never look back. I grab the picture and run upstairs. I fold it up and put in my drawing bin. Before I got my notebook, I used regular paper which I stored in a bin. I don't know why I liked him. If this is how he's going to treat me than I'm better off without him.

I knock on his door. "Alaska?" I hear Xavier shout inside his room. "Come in." I turn the medal knob and the door opens squeakily. "I missed you." He breathed out. He's sitting on his bed with a cigarette in his mouth, his hair looks like his fingers have been going through it, his eyes are red and puffy, he's a mess. "Why did you leave without saying goodbye?" I ask him and he looks at me. His dark brown eyes hold sadness. "Because I couldn't bring myself to do it. Tiffany told me that you wanted nothing to do with me and that you found your mate so I left. I didn't want to make you mad." "She is such a pain. You really believed her?" He nods. "We had just gotten into a fight and you weren't talking to me remember?" He asks me and I smile nodding. "I wasn't intentionally not talking to you. I was drawing." I tell him and he looks at me with smile. He stands up and hugs me. "I missed you so much." He whispers in my ear. I see Tiffany coming in. "Hey baby what's she doing here?" She sneers looking at me with a glare. "First off I'm not your baby second you lied to me. You may want to leave before I change my mind about killing you." He growls out making me shiver. Am I scared of him? I take a second to admire his features. His black hair is shinier than before and he shaved the sides making him look more mysterious. He has gained more muscle everywhere. "You have a new tattoo?" I ask him looking at his arm. He nods. "Sure do." I smile tracing the rose above the angel wings. "It's beautiful. It looks familiar." I tell him and he smiles. "That's because you drew it for me." I smile remembering that picture. I drew on his other tattoos for him because he asked me to. It was one of the most memorable days ever. I hear the bell for dinner go off and I smile grabbing Xavier's hand and drag him down the stairs. We still feel the sparks, but we've learned to live with it. We sit down at our spots and the plates are put in front of us because of one accident. One accident.

"I call it." I growl challenging Xavier for the last roll. He growls and we both go after it. I jump on his back trying to get it. "What's going on?" My dad bellows over us and Xavier drops the roll which my dad picks up and eats. "Hey I just wanted the roll. I growl grabbing the last chicken leg. "Give it to me Alaska." Xavier growls at me and then we start fighting again. Food starts flaying and we are covered on our dinner. My dad walks in and growls at us. "This better be cleaned up in one hour and no more getting your own food. It will be brought to you from now on." My dad tells us walking out. I huff in defeat.

I lick my lips looking at the chicken legs, mashed potatoes, rolls, and the sweet potato casserole. Everybody takes each others hands and we pray to the Moon Goddess. 'Moon Goddess I pray that I will find my mate sooner than later.' I pray in my head. "Amen." My dad shouts and everybody shouts after him. I smile and dig into my food. I look over and see Xavier already finished. What the heck. He had way more than me and he's already done. I look at him and he smiles at me licking his lips and rubbing his stomach. "How?" "You learn to eat fast at Alpha training." He tells me and I smile finishing my last bite. I look around and find that everybody's finished. "All of the kids can go play now." My dad tells us and we all stand up. I grab Xavier's hand and Kace's. "Let's go play." I shout. All the teenagers end up in the game room. "Truth or dare." A kid shouts and a bunch of yeas are heard. "Truth or dare Kace." Tiffany sneers. "Truth." He states. "Is your mate in this room?" She asks and he nods his head. "Xavier truth or dare?" Kace asks. "Dare." He states with a smirk. "I'll start out easy. Do twenty pushups with Alaska laying on your back. He nods and I smile laying on his back comfortably. I roll off once he's done. "Tiffany truth or dare?" "Dare." "I dare you to take off all your makeup." He tells her and she screams. "No, no. She tells him and he smiles. "Drink up then." He tells her tossing a bottle of whiskey to her. She drinks a sip and then tosses it back to him. "Rose truth or dare?" Tiffany asks. "Dare." "I dare you to kiss the person you find cute." Rose blushes and walks over to Kace and kisses him. He kisses her back. They are totally mates. I look at Xavier and he nods knowing what I'm thinking. "Alaska truth or dare?" "Truth." "Do you have a crush on someone?" I nod my head and she smiles evilly. "Xavier truth or dare?" I don't know anybody else besides him and Kace. "Dare." I smirk evilly. His eyes go wide. "I take it back. Truth." I shake my head. "You already chose dare. Go to CVS and buy a box of pads and tampons." I tell him smirking. He looks at me like I've grown three heads. "Don't worry I will go with you to make sure you do it, but you have to check it out yourself." He groans at me, but gets up reluctantly. I smile this is going to be fun.

.