Chapter 21

Austin above

Maggie's Point of View (New Character)

I cry holding my legs against my chest rocking back and forth. Shaking with fear was normal to me and when their gone it's like freedom. I hear pounding footsteps coming up the stairs and my door slams open revealing my drunk supervisor. "Why isn't dinner made?" He asks me his words slurring together. "I-It's N-N-not m-my d-d-day s-s-sir." I stutter out shaking with fear and he nods. "Well get your butt downstairs before I get pissed off." He growls out. I nod frantically and scurry down the stairs into the kitchen quickly getting everything ready.

 "What's taking so long?" My supervision Dave asks me stumbling into the kitchen with a bottle of vodka in his hands. I shake with fear and quickly pour the hot soup into a bowl. He takes it from me causing some of the hot liquid to pour onto my hand burning me. He takes a sip and then spits it out on my face. "This is crap!!!" He shouts throwing the bowl at me.I whimper in burning pain. He laughs and takes his bottle and downs the rest of the alcohol. He throws it at me getting glass stuck in my arms and legs. "Ge tout of my sight you wretched little girl." He screams and I scurry off ignoring the shooting pain coming from everywhere. I hobble up the stairs quickly and shut my bedroom door collapsing on the bed shaking in fear. At least today wasn't to bad. I take the glass out of my skin and throw them in the trashcan beside me. I close my eyes exhausted with the day. 

My alarm goes off and I quickly run down stairs and start breakfast. Making bacon, eggs, and toast just the way he likes it I set it on the table and run upstairs when I hear his door slam. I shut my door quietly and quickly get in the shower. 

I throw on some joggers and a sweatshirt grabbing my bag and putting y beat up black converse on. I quickly throw my hair in a messy bun and run downstairs and out the door. I quickly make it to the bus stop and get on sitting in the back. 

"Alright class we are receiving two new students today." My teacher told me and I look up from my homework. We never get new students. A girl walks in confidently 

 A girl walks in confidently 

Paris above

She walks in with a  white knitted jacket and some cute pants with black converse. Next to her a guy walks in with dark joggers, a sweatshirt, and a hat.  He looks over at me and his eyes...darken. I quickly look away feeling intimidated. "Alright well please introduce yourselves." The teacher tells them with a smile. "My names Paris and I'm eighteen." She tells us with a  smile her voice soft and welcoming. "I'm Austin Paris's twin brother." His voice deep, but also light and airy keeping his tone happy. He looks at me again and I look away not liking in the attention. "Very good, good."The teacher claps his hands together once and smiles at us. What made him so happy normally he's grumpy. The door opens and a guy with tattoos all over his body walks in with a happy smile. I cower away from him feeling scared of him. The tattoos reminding me of my supervisor. "Frank." He greets my teacher and then turns to look at the girl sitting next to me smiling. "Um we have a situation with Wyatt." He mumbles his voice barely above a whisper. She automatically stands up and runs out of the classroom. "Sorry about this, but its his first day without her." He tells the teacher who smiles nodding. "No problem Al...I mean Lucifer." He chuckles nervously. Who's Wyatt. I see Austin looking alarmed his eyes holding concern and his posture tense. Paris comes walking back in relaxed with a  smile.  "he's fine." She tells Lucifer who kisses her on the cheek and then leaves. Immediately everyone starts whispering to one another starting rumors. "Alright since I don't have time to teach a lesson today I want everyone to state their name, age, and one cool fact about themselves. He points to the girl on my row at the front. "I'm Olivia, 18, and my father is a firefighter." She tells everybody with a huge smile on her face. Everybody goes down the line and then it's my turn. "I'm Maggie, 15, and I am allergic to cats." I tell everybody. People start whispering things. "Guess it's true even animals don't like you." Franny the 'mean girl/ Queen Bee' says out laughing. I hear growls and I look over to see Paris and Austin glaring at her. Did they seriously just growl? Maybe I'm hearing things now. She flicks her hair behind her hair behind her head. "Franny go to the office your behavior will not be tolerated in my classroom." The teacher yells pointing to the door. She nods and walks out with a laugh. Paris looks at me and I smile at her. She smiles right back and leans over closer to me. "Can I sit with you at lunch?" She asks and I nod causing her to smile.