Chapter 25

Video of Lindsay and Ben above

Lindsay's Point of view

Ben quickly pushes me out the bathroom window and he jumps out after me. I can barely walk let alone run. Ben shifts into his wolf and I get on his back. He takes off running  and we make it to the woods before any wolf spotted us. I hear growls all around us and he stops. Wolves are all around us and they are circling. I get off his back and sit down looking at all of them. "Are you going to show yourself Jayden?" I ask to no one. I hear laughter and a he comes walking out. "My dear Lindsay we meet again. Aye." I chuckle at him. "Its good to see you mate." He smiles at me. "It looks like you found your mate." He says eyeing Ben. "Strong wolf, warrior, seems fit." He tells me observing Ben who growls at him. I roll my eyes at him. "He's over protective. Don't mind him." I tell Jayden pointing to Ben who growls in frustration. Jayden holds his hand out and helps me up. I pull him into a hug and he kisses my cheek. Ben growls this time a little louder with more aggression. "Calm your tits he's a retaliative." I tell Ben who looks at me confused. "Ben this is Jayden my Uncle." Jayden salutes him and starts to laugh. I grab a pair of basketball shorts from behind a bush and toss them to Ben. He nods and runs behind a tree to shift. He comes back dressed with no shirt. Why does he have to be so hot? He shakes Jayden's hand his mussels flexing when he grips onto Jayden's hand. I shake my head to rid myself of those thoughts.  Ben walks over to me and protectively wraps his arm around my waist bringing me against his body. "Now what brings you here?" Jayden asks me and I frown. "Some lunatics attacked out place and we escaped before they could get to us." I tell him and yawn stretching feeling the adrenaline leave my body making me tired. I may have more energy than yesterday, but I can only do so much before my body shuts down. "When was your last treatment?" He asks me and I look at Ben. "About four days ago." Jayden looks at me slightly worried. "Any difference?" He asks and I shake my head. "Same o'l same o'l." I whisper leaning into Ben more. "Shes's starting to get her energy back." Ben tells my uncle who nods with a sad smile. I feel my phone go off. "Hello?" I answer sleepily. "Lindsay, Ben it's Jessica she's going into labor." Kyle nervously shouts and my eyes widen. "We'll be right there." I tell him hanging up. "We need to go to the pack hospital it's Jessica." I tell Ben who quickly picks me up running there. I look to see my Uncle next to us with a truck. "Get in the back." He shouts and Ben runs up to it and I get on. I see a turn coming up and then we will go down hill. There's no way he's going to be able to jump in during that. "Jump!!" I shout and as the truck starts to turn he jumps in the truck smashing himself against the side, but he made it. "You okay?" I ask him rushing over to him. He nods groaning. "I'm fine." He whispers. I lay down next to him and he wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my forehead.  

I hear the painful screams of Jessica. Kyle was so stressed when we got here we thought he was about to cry. I hear silence. I smile and then cries are heard. Kyle comes walking out sweat all over his face and a hand that is bruises turning black and blue. He has a huge smile on his face and I walk over to him. He turned around and we silently walk to her room. I open the door and see Jessica dripping of sweat holding a baby. I smile and walk over to her. "Beautiful." I whisper looking at the baby girl. She smiles at me. "Mam'e would you like to hold the other one since we just finished cleaning him up." A nurse asks walking over with a baby wrapped in a blue blanket in her arms.  I nod staring awestruck at him. She hands him over to me and I hold him in my arms looking at how innocent he is. "You look a lot better Lindsay." Jessica tell me. "But, sit down before you pass out with m baby in your hands." She jokes with me and I do as I'm told. I sit down in the chair next to her and look at the sweet little boy. He yawns opening his eyes and staring back at me. He has his dad's eyes you can see the grey specks and the ice blue inter twined. although Kyle and Jessica have close to the same eyes, but Kyle has flecks of grey in his and his are slightly lighter than Jessica's. He stares at me with curious big eyes. I yawn feeling tired. I think I should get some sleep. "He's beautiful Jessica. I have to go though." I tell her with a sad smile. I hand the little boy back to the nurse and I walk outside to Ben.  "Kyle we are crashing in my old room." I tell him with a smile walking out with Ben. 

"Welcome to the new and improved lair. New and improved I mean I was too lazy to change it." I tell Ben with a smile and he chuckles at me. I lay on the couch and land on something. I grab it out from under me and see it's a book. Okay for now. (Love that book it's by Gary D. Schmidt. Read it if you want. Love it)  I smile and open it starting at the beginning again. I hear Ben chuckle and lay down next to me getting on his phone. I hear the 'flap, flap, flap and then the do do do do' of flappy bird. "Ben." I growl at him. He knows I hate that game. I can't get past ten. He chuckles patting my head. "I know let out your anger." He burst out laughing when I growl at him again. He goes onto his phone and he starts to text his mom. Their relationship is the cutest thing ever. I go back to reading with a smile on my face. I feel eyes lids start to close and my vision becomes blurry. I put the book over my head and fall to sleep. 

Waking up I smell smoke. Coughing I open my eyes and see Ben fast asleep. I slap him awake and he immediately sits up on high alert. He grabs me and runs out of the house. This can't be good. I see Kyle and he runs over to us. "Oh thank God. Jessica and the babies are at the hospital safe and sound." He assures me and I sigh out in relief. "Get them dead or alive." A voice booms  loudly over everyone. I freeze remembering that voice. It was from earlier at the RV. Ben looks at me and picks me up running. He runs me to a cave. "Hid here baby it will conceal your scent and it will hide you from any intrudes. Stay awake." He whispers in my ear. He brings his lips down to mine. I melt into his arms. He moves his lips gently against mine. "Promise me one thing." I ask him looking into his eyes. He nods. "Don't leave me." I whisper and he responds by placing another kiss to my lips. "I wouldn't dream of it." He whispers against my lips. I slowly bring my lips up to meet his one more time before he disappears like a thief in the night.

What's going to happen next? Will Ben be okay? Will anybody find Lindsay? Why are there people wanting war? Find out in the next chapter of Alpha rouge's mate