Chapter Eighteen: Bendo

Aiden's pov

I finally asked Camryn on a date. This is too good to be true, did she really say yes? I shook my head and smiled as I entered my room and threw my backpack on the ground.

My phone buzzed from my back pocket and smiled to myself as I saw Camryn's name lit up on the screen. I swiped my finger across the screen and answered.

I cleared my throat and held my phone up to my ear. "Yes?" I askes as I flopped down onto my bed on my back. "Hey." She sighed. "I just wanted to call about that thing."

I closed my eyes and sighed, letting Camryn's voice fill my ears. Her voice was cheerful and full of delight. She sounded so happy, I can picture Camryn sitting down at her kitchen table--most likely eating Nutella--smiling as she spoke through the phone. She couldn't leave my mind, my thoughts.

"...Aiden are you listening?" She asked on the other end of the phone, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Hm? Yeah." I replied. Her giggle filled my ears and a smile grew on my face.

"You're obviously not interested in our little date tonight." She said sarcastically. "No!" I replied as my eyes widened. "I mean, no I was just, distracted." I replied sternly. "Whatever you say." She sighed.

There was a silent pause as I held my phone against my ear, looking up at the ceiling. "What's on your mind?" She asked, breaking the silence. I could picture her biting her bottom lip, a nervous habit of her's. "You." I stated flatly. Now I pictured her cheeks blushing a deep red.

She was so damn adorable.

She chuckled through the phone and I caught myself chuckling along at my stupidity. "Yeah, okay." She said.

"I'm serious." I laughed. She chuckled nervously and sighed. "Well I um..have to go. Bye see you..later?" She cleared her throat.

"Yeah," I sighed. "Later." I said before Camryn hung up.

●●●

"Dude." Brian shouted through the phone as I winced. I rolled my eyes. "You wanted to take Stephanie. I guess you're not up for a challenge." Brian said.

"Well, I don't like Stephanie how I like Camryn." I cleared my throat. "Well, the deal's off." He sighed.

"You owe me two hundred bucks." He said sternly. My eyes widened in shock. "No!" I shouted. Brian sighed through the phone. "You're not gonna sleep with Stephanie, the deal's off." He said, almost shouting. "Who said I had to do it tonight?" I chuckled.

Brian laughed histarically through the phone. "Right, okay. See you tonight." He said before hanging up.

Camryn's pov

"So Bri?" I shouted from the kitchen. "Yes?" Brian shouted back. "What is exactly is this thing tonight?" I asked. "Well," He sighed as he walked into the kitchen. He wiped his forehead from sweat with the back of his sleeve. "It's this really cool place that everyone goes too. It's kinda like a chill out place for adults. Not anything extreme though, not like a bar or anything like that."

"For adults?" I asked, cocking and eyebrow. "Well a lot of people in their early twenties go there." He smiled. "What's it called?" I asked as I wiped down the countertop with a sponge.

"Bendo." He said as he slid into a chair. My eyes widened. "We're going to Bendo?! That new place downtown?" I asked, surprised.

"Yeah. Everyone's been going so I thought, hey, why the hell not. Ya know?" He replied. "Also, I didn't think you'd know it, I mean, you're lame." He teased. I stuck my tongue put at him and threw the sponge at him, aiming directly at his face.