Chapter Twenty-Three: Committed

Camryn's pov

I woke up to the sound of police sirens. I grunted and turned and tossed in my bed. Annoyed with the noise, I stomp over to my window to see what the big deal was.

Cop cars and ambulances raced down the left road. That was Stephanie's street, but I doubt it has anything to do with her. I groaned and went back to bed.

***

"Hey." I smiled as I walked towards Aaron. "Hey." He sighed. "What's up?" I asked sadly as I leaned up against the lockers besides Aaron. "We need to talk to Stephanie." He stated.

"I'd rather not." I sighed. "I haven't even seen her around yet. She's usually the first one here." I said.

"Yeah." Aaron said curiously. "Should we call?" He asked as he straightened his back. I nodded and pulled out my phone, sliding my fingers across the screen.

It rang once.

Twice.

Thrice.

Fri- "Hey it's Stephanie!"

"Stephanie hey uh-"

"HA! You thought! Leave a message!" Beep.

"Fuck." I grunted. "She always answers her damn phone." I said angrily. "Just leave it." Aaron waved his hand at me. I sighed and slid my phone back into my pocket.

The bell rang and me and Aaron went to our first period class, which we had together. I slid into a desk while Aaron slid into the one next to me.

"Hello class." Mr. Tyler announced sadly. What's up with everyone today? Mr. Tyler is always in a good mood.

"Today we are just going to..relax..and.." Mr. Tyler fidgeted nervously.

"As you all may now, Stephanie Laswick has.." He gulped. I was starting to worry.

"What happened with Stephanie?" I asked worryingly. "She..committed suicide." He whispered.

My heart sank. "What?!" I shouted, tears stinging in my eyes. "No!" I stood up. Aaron sat, his face pale. "Camryn, please calm-" Mr. Tyler cooed as he rushed toward me for comfort.

"No!" I shouted again as I flinched. Tears ran down my cheeks and I collapsed onto my knees. "No." I whispered through sobs as I sat on the floor. Every one stared at me in shock.

Nick entered the classroom. Great, I forgot he's in this period.

He looked down at me, an eyebrow raised. "What's going on?" Nick asked. "Please take a seat Mr. Cade." Mr.Tyler gestured toward a desk. Nick rolled his eyes and strolled to the desk as he slid onto the chair.

I stood up with my palm over my mouth as I gasped for air. I threw my backpack strap over my shoulder and rushed out the door.

I ran all the way to Stephanie's house. I hadn't been there in ages, I know it sounds weird. Most best friends practically live at each other's house, but I'd only been to Stephanie's house once for some odd reason.

I stood in front of Stephanie's house. Police cars and ambulance surrounded around the house. Apparently they only found out this morning when I woke up to the sound of sirens. The cops are still investigating.

My eyes roamed the street in disbelief."Ma'am you can't be here." A police officer said behind me as he grabbed hold of my shoulder. I flinched at his touch like he burned me. "That was my best friend." I whispered. The officer sighed.

"Why did she do that?" I asked myself through sobs. "I wasn't there for her. This is all my fault. She probably thought I hated her after last night." I rambled and sniffled.

"Ma'am would you like me to take you home." I nodded softly as tears continued to stream down face.

I sat in the backseat of the cop car as the officer drove off. "Where do you live?" He asked quietly. "Next street down." I said quietly. "Right or left?" He asked. "Right." I murmured. He nodded as he turned the steering wheel.

"We're here." I mumbled. I stepped out of the car swiftly. "Have a good day." He graves a fake smile. How the hell does he expect me to have a good day? I forced a small fake smile in return. The car drove off as I stood in front of my house.

I opened the door slowly and stepped in. Something was off. Brian was at school still, of course, but I could sense someone else here, kinda like a super-power. "Who's here?" I called in a bored tone.

No answer. I sighed and walked up the stairs to my bedroom. As I was about to enter my room, I heard something creak. "Who the fuck is there I'm not in the God damn mood!" I shouted angrily. I honestly, wasn't. My best friend that I've known for ages committed suicide last night for I don't know what reason and I'm tangled between multiple moods. Disappointment, anger, and sadness.

Something creaked again. I stomped down the stairs in anger and searched the living room. Nothing. I searched in the kitchen. Nothing. Just as I was about to walk off, a hand covered my mouth from behind me. A strong grip held my arms, making me unable to escape.

A bag was thrown over my head. I was dragged outside as my arms and legs flailed and kicked. I was thrown into a what seemed like a van. The car door slid shut. I sat in the back of the van, crying quietly. What would Brian and Aaron and Aiden do when they found out? What if they don't find out?

Gasp.

Thoughts of the worse scenarios scrambled around in my head. Seconds felt like minutes, and minutes felt like hours as they flew by. The van suddenly came to an abrupt stop. A car door slammed and muffled male voice made conversation from outside of the van. Suddenly, my door opened and I was dragged out.

"Where am I? Who are you?" I whimpered. "Don't worry, princess." A voice whispered. I gasped in realization.

It was Nick.

●●

Don't forget to vote, comment and share! ♡

Qotd: What's your favorite quote?

I love you so muuuccchh