Chapter Thirty-Seven: New York & Alianna

Aiden's pov

I spent the night over at Camryn's because I couldn't resist her presence.

I was awoken by the ringing of my phone at six in the morning. Who the fuck is calling me at six in the morning?

I grabbed my phone and slid my finger across the screen and held my phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" I groaned in a morning voice. "Hey Aiden, it's Amy," she sounded like she was on the verge of tears. "It's about Christian."

Christian is a really close cousin of mine, I haven't seen him in almost a year. We're almost like brothers, but the reason we haven't seen each other in such a long time is because he lives in New York. We text daily and make sure to call each other every day. Amy is his mom, or my aunt.

"What's wrong?" I sat up. "H-he was shot." She sniffled. "Shit." I muttered under my breath.

Christian is in a gang, so it explains why he was shot.

"O-okay don't worry aunt Amy, I-I'm coming." I said before hanging up.

I got out of bed and left a kiss on Camryn's forehead before leaving a note beside her on the nightstand. I got into my car and left.

•••

A few phone calls and bribing later, I was on a plane to New York. About an hour and a half later, I was at the New York airport.

Andrew was also really close with Christian like I was, so I invited him.

I rushed and called for a cab to the hospital that Christian was at.

"Hi." The woman behind the front counter greeted when I got there. "Christian Donnin?" I asked, tapping my fingertips against the countertop impatiently. "And you are?" She asked as she flipped through papers. "I'm his cousin, can I see him?" I asked.

She thought for a while and nodded. "Room 303." She smiled. I nodded and mouthed a 'thanks' before searching for room 303 with Andrew following behind me.

I found the room and doctors surrounded his hospital bed. They all scattered minutes later and a doctor approached me.

"Can I see him?" I asked impatiently, twiddling my thumbs. "You are....?" He asked, pointing his pen from his clipboard at me. "I'm Christian's cousin." I replied.

"I see." The doctor nodded. "Go ahead."

I walked into Christian's room, where he lie in the hospital bed unconscious.

"Oh God." I muttered under my breath before running over to him beside the bed. "Who did this?" I asked myself.

I sighed and walked out of the room, Andrew behind me. I need to clear my head.

I walked out and there was a girl who was sitting in a chair outside the room, sleeping. She looked oddly familiar, then I quickly recognized her as Christian's girlfriend.

I shook her slightly to wake her up. She woke up and jumped in her seat, looking at me. "Thank God it was dream!" She sighed in releif.

"Hi um, are you Alianna?" I asked in a shaky tone. She eyed Andrew then looked back at me. "And who needs to know?" She asked sassily.

"I'm Aiden, Christian's cousin." I introduced myself. She nodded and there was a silence. The silence was broken by my ringing phone. I pulled it out of my pocket and answered, holding it up against my ear. "Hello?"

"Aiden what the fuck!" Brian shouted through the phone. Alianna seemed to hear this and looked at me curiously. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"You slept over, right?" He asked angrily. "Yes." I said slowly. "Well then where the fuck are you?!" He asked, shouting again.

I cleared my throat and spoke up. "New York." I replied. "What the hell dude! Don't you know-" He started but I cut him off. "Just tell me what's going on!" I threw my arms up in the air.

"Camryn's not here. I called Aaron and be hasn't seen her all week. I have no clue where she is." He said softly, now calm.

"Shit!"

•••

Hi you guys are probably really confused with this chapter and I apologize for that lol.

If you want to hear more about Christian and Alianna, then go check out Ashley's // ash_bunny book called, BOYS!

Ty ily have a fantastical day. And week. And month. And year. And life. ❤

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share ❤❤